Exmark Fuel Filter Fell off of the exhuast line. Can I still run mower?

Boomerdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Exmark Fuel Filter Fell off of the exhuast line. Can I still run mower?
https://www.partstree.com/parts/exm...fs481v-sn-314000000-above/fuel-tank-assembly/

There is a link to the diagram I am looking at. Part 16 and 22 fell off. Aka the fuel filter on the exhaust line fell off of the t valve that holds it on. It is not the in line fuel filter that sits on the fuel line but the fuel filter that dangles off the exhaust line. Is it safe to continue to run the mower until a replacement arrives?

Thank you all!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's the vent for the fuel tank. You can still run. Just put one back when you can and don't overfill the tank.

Boomerdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's the vent for the fuel tank. You can still run. Just put one back when you can and don't overfill the tank.

Awesome! Thank you. What is its purpose? To help curb emissions? And why not overfill?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes it is an EPA requirement.
There should be some charcoal in it to adsorb the hydrocarbons which will exterminate all life on the planet if they escape :confused2:
If filled too full the fuel sloshing around in the tank will run out the vent which despite the somewhat sarcastic nature of the previous line should be avoided if possible.\
Also remember that without that filter there you will be sucking a dirt & debris into the tank which will eventually cause you trouble.
So don't be afraid to use your mower while you wait for replacement part, but don't leave it for too long.

Boomerdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Haha! Thank you much. Can't believe the cheap little t valve is $25!! I'm pretty sure the part of it that attaches the filter to the valve fell off with the filter. Ah well.