Grasshopper Need Help IDing Year

Zeekland

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I I have around 5 acres of land and till I fence it in for some cattle I gotta keep it mowed down. I bought this 721D Grasshopper today for $3500 after taxes locally, the guy said it was an 2006 but I know this was wrong, the serial plate under the seat has been removed/broken but the deck has a 1998 serial on it. I haggled him down and I'm happy with the deal but I need to know exactly what I have here.

How would I go about figuring out exactly what year this mower is without a serial? I can get any experts out there any information you need in the morning when I have light.

I don't have pictures yet but this one looks just like it without the step piece at the top of the deck on the left, I also need to figure out how to lift that deck as I'm use to having the spring assist and the latch system on the 2000+ models.
6324.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
the engine serial has a date code in it.
Post the serial and some one should be able to date it.

Zeekland

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome:
the engine serial has a date code in it.
Post the serial and some one should be able to date it.
Thanks for the response, I'm sorry for the delayed response. I checked the engine tonight and I can't seem to find it, have a clue where it might be? I figured it would be on the sides but after doing a few once overs I didn't notice any numbers.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Its a diesel so it should be on the valve cover.

Zeekland

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I called grasshopper today and found out it is indeed a 98, glad I haggled that guy down as far as I did now. The guy said the only thing I need to watch out for weaker power in my controls after 45-60 minutes of use, apparently the transmission can cause problems and one of the main parts to repair it they no longer sell, believe he said pump rotor.

Thank you all for the help, now I can't wait to mow and see if that's going to be a problem or not.