Hi lift blades.....

L454S

Threads
Not sure what all this talk of blunt blades is about. Mine came with an edge about the same as the original blades. I could not shave with either, but it was as sharp as any I have purchased over the past 35 years of taking care of my riding mowers. Did I happen to get a set that was ready to cut? I don't know, but if they would have been as others describe(blunt), I would have sent them back.

These seem to cut as well as originals, just produce MORE exit pressure, almost no chute clogging for me. Works as advertised.

kraky

Threads
After using them for one half year I really like those xht blades that Jersey recommended. Our cities brush pile is all the way across town on the other side.... I hate to admit this but I trimmed back all the shrubs this year and threw everything out on the lawn and went over a few times with the fast track and the xht blades and everything disappeared and Blades are just as sharp as when I started... the deck didn't labor anymore than being in medium tall grass.... and I think the small wood chips did a pretty good scrape job on my old residue underneath there....lol!

BoylermanCT

Threads
Ditto on the XHT blades. They fling grass and leaves 10-15 feet once the chute has been modified. I blew my leaves into a huge pile and on a whim decided to see what happened if I mowed through the pile. 5 minutes later you could not see any leaves in the yard. The XHT's obliterated the pile to dust and the wind took it away. Nice way to do leaves!

Datadave

Threads
I'm not thrilled with the Oregon G5 blades, even though they do good on everything else -
They leave many seed stalk stragglers when cutting Pensacola Bahia just like the OEM blades do.

So I took advice from 577Jersey and ordered a set of XHT Blades from the link Jersey posted.

Should be here in 4 to 5 days W/free shipping for $30.80
Can't beat that with a stick, Just hope they do the trick on the Bahia.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We run Oregon High lift blade on our Scag Tiger Cats. We cut some incredible Bahia Grass this time of year. The only drawback to them I know if is that they will sandblast the bottom of the deck out terribly. I have a Tiger Cat that we have had to replace the baffles under the deck and patch holes in the top of the deck that are worn through. The mower in question started wearing through at a little over 1000 hours. I have a second one now that has about the same hours on it and it is doing the same thing.

The added performance cutting the tall Bahia Grass is worth the wear and tear though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
After using them for one half year I really like those xht blades that Jersey recommended. Our cities brush pile is all the way across town on the other side.... I hate to admit this but I trimmed back all the shrubs this year and threw everything out on the lawn and went over a few times with the fast track and the xht blades and everything disappeared and Blades are just as sharp as when I started... the deck didn't labor anymore than being in medium tall grass.... and I think the small wood chips did a pretty good scrape job on my old residue underneath there....lol!

Don't feel bad about it you are doing exactly the right thing for your soil.
Continue doing this it is good to mulch up the clippings and return them to the soil
Healthy soil = healthy lawn

BoylermanCT

Threads
I dont have a set of G5 blades for my SD,reason being, any mower I put them on in the past they seemed to lack lift and cut quality was not that great,but i did love them in the early spring and fall for mulching up sticks,leaves,and debris.

Maybe i will try a set this season for the SD since alot of you guys speak highly of them in this application.

Another thing I am going to try is X blade on the chute side,doing this by using two blades one on top of another creating an X shape,that will really help move things out of the deck and mulch up clumps more.

577Jersey, did you ever do the X blade experiment? Would you have to add spacers to the other 2 blades to keep the cutting edge on the same plane on all the blades? Would there be any issues since 1 spindle would be moving twice the weight? The idea sounds interesting.

ChuckL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like I bought the bastard size. Doesn't look like the XHTs are made for the 48 Raptor SD, least not with my search.

Scythe

Threads
Looks like I bought the bastard size. Doesn't look like the XHTs are made for the 48 Raptor SD, least not with my search.

I'm in the same boat.

I bought a set from Amazon that I'm very happy with. Required minimal work to get them balanced and I am very happy with the first test run.

The G5's I have are not my favorite, I actually like my original blades more. I will hold the G5's in reserve until the leaves fall, maybe they will be better for that.

Hi Lift Blades on Amazon

Datadave

Threads
I'm in the same boat.
I bought a set from Amazon that I'm very happy with. Required minimal work to get them balanced and I am very happy with the first test run.
Hi Lift Blades on Amazon

Lift: Extra High Lift
I bet those bad boys will kick up some dust.
One reviewer said the sail was so tall it scrubbed the bottom of his mower deck.