Hi lift blades.....

kraky

Threads
Let us know how they work..... I may order a set for my fastrack for spring mowing when things are pretty gummy...

577jersey

Threads
You guys will like em,,cant go wrong..they are not a fix all,,but defiantly help out quite a bit!!
I cut a really high 15" wet one last week down to 3.5" and my chute never clogged,,I did blow a few piles of big chunks here and there but the double cut broke them right up...the deck was clean underneath also,,had a couple spots where it was building up but nothing like the stock blades.

The more powerful suction and vacuum of the hi lift wing really does move the clippings out better.

I was at the same lawn prior with stock blades and the chute got plugged shut,,had to raise the deck all the way up for first cut and let it dry out more.

Tom

RhettWS

Threads
When you say G5 blades, who made them? Are they the Oregon blades? I've ordered them for my new Raptor, as I have them on my Craftsman tractor, and love how they cut and how clean they keep the deck. Just wondering if they cut differently on the Raptor SD.

Don't know if you ordered yet or not. On my Raptor SD the G5 cut is really nice. But, the deck gets covered in clippings, I mean a boat load. IMG_0978.jpg This is more of an annoyance than a problem. I clean the deck with a blower after every mowing. With the stock blades I would not collect that much grass if I mowed my yard 3-4 times without cleaning.

I suspect this has a lot to do with the deck design. The cutting height and deck attitude may also be a factor. I cut at about 2.75 to 3 " (still tweaking that). I think my deck is level but I will verify this weekend. I checked it shortly after I got it but frankly I don't remember exactly.

1slow5point0h

Threads
I've been contemplating different blades. I put the mulching kit on mine with the Hustler mulching kit and they work decent, but I'd like a little finer cut. Of course after 2 weeks the center divider bolt sheared off and that was an experience, bent the divider all up, plus they don't sell the dividers individually....so I may end up going back to a stock setup and a better blade.

577jersey

Threads
Yeah,I would never put more than a chute blocker on any mower,,just too keep grass off things and mulch up leaves a little in the fall.
Not a big fan of mulching kits.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The blades (Oregon gator G5) themselves do what they are suppose to do. But the prob I have is that I live in an area where high humidity very seldom lets the grass dry out. Even at 2pm it's still wet enough that when you walk thru the yard your shoes still get wet. It also clogs the deck up where I have to clean it 3-4 times per cut. I'm mowing right at 1 acre. I've tried different methods such as speed, height and anything else you can think of, doesn't matter. Also I have a very high water table, you can dig 24-30 feet an hit water....needless to say grass grows unbelievable fast! I will say that the factory blades were less troublesome for me so this is what's got me to thinking the higher lift blades may work for my conditions. Had this conversation with the hustler rep the other day and he seems to think that this may be my better route. So for $30.00 shipped....worth a try on the hi lift blades. Who knows, may be the fix for my area, I know I've spent more in days past and have gotten less!!

The reasons your using for having problems with G5 Gator blades doesn't really pan out, if they did I couldn't use them to cut grass here in Florida. High Humidity doesn't really have much to do with it or matter when it comes to mowing lawns. Yeah the wet grass probably doesn't help matters but as far as cutting wet grass humidity doesn't hurt anything. I mean I walk out the door every morning at 7 am to mow lawns and I have 85 to 90% humidity every day and that generally after a nice 10 to 11 pm evening rain the night before. If your having the problems you say your having my guess would be there's a problem with your deck not creating enough vacuum to make the blades work the way there suppose to.

kraky

Threads
It's Different Strokes for different folks all across the USA. Some people think hi lift blades totally home run Gator blades and vice versa. Gator blades work perfectly for me on my lawn last year even when it was wet. But when my neighbor's machine broke down and I did his lawn for him 2 times I got a ton of build up with the Gator blades. He had a lot of leafy weeds in his lawn... all I can think of is the Gator blades were chewing up those leaves and spraying the juice all over the underside of the deck and it became glue. Every pass I made I could tell from the sound of the deck I was building up a little bit by little bit. I don't know if hi lift would have worked better over there or not.
This year I bought a fastrack and figured I would have to switch out the standard blades but they're working fantastically well for me even in wet grass. We had two and a half inches of rain the other night I have standing water in one part of the lawn I was able to go right up to it and discharge it and it looked great. My lack of tire tracks for a 850 pound machine tends to Boggle my mind ton!

577jersey

Threads
It's Different Strokes for different folks all across the USA. Some people think hi lift blades totally home run Gator blades and vice versa. Gator blades work perfectly for me on my lawn last year even when it was wet. But when my neighbor's machine broke down and I did his lawn for him 2 times I got a ton of build up with the Gator blades. He had a lot of leafy weeds in his lawn... all I can think of is the Gator blades were chewing up those leaves and spraying the juice all over the underside of the deck and it became glue. Every pass I made I could tell from the sound of the deck I was building up a little bit by little bit. I don't know if hi lift would have worked better over there or not.
This year I bought a fastrack and figured I would have to switch out the standard blades but they're working fantastically well for me even in wet grass. We had two and a half inches of rain the other night I have standing water in one part of the lawn I was able to go right up to it and discharge it and it looked great. My lack of tire tracks for a 850 pound machine tends to Boggle my mind ton!
Im looking forward to seeing how the RSD 54 with these wide tires does in real wet standing water areas..we just have not had enough moisture this Summer at all.
I did cut/sip all my treads in half with a thin metal cut off wheel,,smoked out my neighbours,,well see how she holds the banks this week :)

kraky

Threads
The soil underneath standing water can be a real crapshoot. Sometimes it's pretty firm and you can walk right across the top. Sometimes it's a virtual muck.... my bet is if those Wide Tires sink down a little bit and build up a little wall in front of them you're going to be wishing you hadn't experimented! But there's only one way to find out and from watching your post I'm pretty sure I can predict what your going to do....lol. Enjoy!