New Guy from Delaware with a Couple of Questions

cubalz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings from Delaware! First time poster, long time 3 stroke Lawn Boy lover (have a number of them in my "stable")

I recently picked up a self propelled 680541 LB 1992 build (F Engine) from a older couple that used it maybe a dozen times, looks brand new. Yeah, score! I got it running after using a bit of starter fluid but it runs really fast and the speed lever does not do a whole lot. Here are my questions: what would make this occur? I want to remove the shroud to check out the air vane position, what are the steps to remove this besides turning off the gas and removing the primer and gas lines? Is there a proper starting position for the air vane? I don't want to screw up this beauty or mess up the recoil mechanism. Does anyone have any thoughts of greasing/servicing the self propelled mechanism before I use this mower since it has sat for the better part of 24 years?

Thanks!
John

Attachments

• Lawn Boy Pic.jpg
    Lawn Boy Pic.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 22

WVRaybird

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sometimes a "Blind squirrel gets lucky" it's great looking mower and didn't have to do much to get it going.

robinb66

Threads
I'm having the same problem with my F if I were you i would take the carb off and look at where the throttle butterfly sets on it mine is getting stuck in open position because the part of the governer that goes through to hold the butterfly and work it is broken so it is moving but the butterfly is stuck open due to the fact that because the slit in the vane that the butterfly is attached too is broken and the governer can't move the butterfly!!

cubalz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Robinb66: I will take that apart tonight. I am thinking the issue stems from sitting dormant so long.....