anyone tried this?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I have 4 mowers. All are toro z masters.I have a small business compared to some of the competitors here. I have a part of my business many don't I have a state license to spray yards so I have a older toro I set up with a spray system on it .

ForumRunner_20160724_173802.png

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have 4 mowers. All are toro z masters.I have a small business compared to some of the competitors here. I have a part of my business many don't I have a state license to spray yards so I have a older toro I set up with a spray system on it .

View attachment 29307

I have not but I have seen a couple of mowers in our area that have tanks on them to spray roundup that are set up like that.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Seen it done by others and done it myself for a dozen or so customers once waranttee has expired.
A couple of tool holder cleats in the left fender to hold the wand out of the way hardest bit is finding a spot for the on off switch so the operator does not have to take their hand off the control arm.
A little tricker with some lap bars than others as you need one hand for the spray wand and the other for both of the lap bars.
When you make the rack, it has to be high enough to get the engine cover off and tools ( rattle gun ) on to the flywheel nut.
OTOH when you have several miles of fence line to mow & spray, makes a very big time saving.
Have done similar to tractors with a 5 gal drum sitting on the tow hitch.
You also need to find or make a very long wand.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I have mine on the rops folded down have a cluster sprayer tip for spray large area at a time 1 trip i get 12 foot coverage also have the option of a hand wand

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We have substantially different attitude to broad spraying down here so no one would ever spray out their entire lawn.
It is all hand wand and spot work. Most of the contractors use the same wand with a 4" spray, just enough to keep growth under fences and around poles under control.
The agriculture depts all keep a tight reign on pesticides & herbicides which is good because we have a very small rainfall overall and thus a very frail aquaculture which we have just about wiped out in the last 200 years.
Thus residuals and run offs are a big problem
Then you get the idiot morons who think if 2 oz/ gal works then 20 oz/ gal must work 10 times better.

RhettWS

Threads
We have substantially different attitude to broad spraying down here so no one would ever spray out their entire lawn.
It is all hand wand and spot work. .

I can assure you the Aussies attitude is no different than the US in regards to broad spraying. While it might be done in the occasional upscale yard, I suspect the broad spraying is more of a treatment for the home owner/ land owner, than actually needed for anything very important.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Omg people he is not talking about weed killer. He is spraying yards with fertilize. And pre and post weed control.

RhettWS

Threads
I assumed that and I suspect Bert did too although he did mention roundup. I control weeds in my lawn with my mower. :thumbsup:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I assumed that and I suspect Bert did too although he did mention roundup. I control weeds in my lawn with my mower. :thumbsup:

Weeds look good after mowing.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Like it's important or not but I use it for spraying for weed control on some big yards that have been sodded .also liquid fertilizer I also use it for insects mostly fleas. In the end I'll spray whatever the customers wants it's a add on option available that I offer on my service contracts