Engine will not start

bobz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cement Mixer with a Honda gx240 on it. So far I have taken the engine apart and inspected all internal parts. Piston and rings are finr and liknew. There are no marks on piston or cylinder wall. I did the valves over and ground the seats I installed a new carb and for my own sanity ordered a new coil. my mane worry now is that when i try to start the engine i am not getting fuel in the cylinder. when I check the plug it is dry. Even if i spray starter fluid no start. Any help woull be greatly appreciated.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Cement Mixer with a Honda gx240 on it. So far I have taken the engine apart and inspected all internal parts. Piston and rings are finr and liknew. There are no marks on piston or cylinder wall. I did the valves over and ground the seats I installed a new carb and for my own sanity ordered a new coil. my mane worry now is that when i try to start the engine i am not getting fuel in the cylinder. when I check the plug it is dry. Even if i spray starter fluid no start. Any help woull be greatly appreciated.

Did you set the valve clearances and see them moving up and down?

If you spray starting fluid in carb and chock plate is open, it will go past to open valve, drawn into engine.
You must have wet spark plug.

Pull plug...spray starting fluid and try to start it.