Hot and dry here

Jack17

Threads
Chicago suck-s!!! Rain or no rain:ashamed:

RhettWS

Threads
Hot and wet here although it has slacked off raining a little the last few days. Small shower is approaching now but it might miss me. :thumbsup:. Baton Rouge average rainfall is about 60 inches/year. We're at 63" now.:shocked: I new we had a lot of rain but this is the first time I checked the year to date values.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Still in the 90s here just west of Atlanta.
Have had hit and miss rain showers the past few days.
Grass is growing about 3 inches a week.

deck~dragger

Threads
Finally! Since the OP, in the last 7 days, have gotten 4-5" of rain, some thunderstorms and some good soaking rains. Mow time :cool:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going into a dry spell again. Lawns are turning yellow.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heavy rains here predicted starting monday. We'll see if the weather forecaster is correct.

RhettWS

Threads
You may have heard about the floods in Louisiana over the last day or so. It is getting worse. I pegged an 11" rain gauge yesterday. I've measured slightly over 17" of rain since Thursday afternoon. I suspect I left 2-4 " on the table.:thumbdown:

Massive flooding, although very local, and they are predicting a record flood on the river next to my house. The 911 call center in our parish (county) took on water and had to be moved.

Should have built an ark instead of house.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope your house will be all right Rhett!

It's crazy how much it can rain the South. We finally got some rain. Hopefully enough to bring back the lawns green. We've skipped a lot of yards this week.

Lawn Addict
Threads
You may have heard about the floods in Louisiana over the last day or so. It is getting worse. I pegged an 11" rain gauge yesterday. I've measured slightly over 17" of rain since Thursday afternoon. I suspect I left 2-4 " on the table.:thumbdown:

Massive flooding, although very local, and they are predicting a record flood on the river next to my house. The 911 call center in our parish (county) took on water and had to be moved.

Should have built an ark instead of house.

Saw it on the news, sorry to hear. Hope you make out ok thru this.

RhettWS

Threads
Hey Guys & Gals,

Just got back in my office. No internet at home. Took 6" inside my house. Big mess. In the grand scheme of things we were fortunate. I have flood insurance unlike many. Many homes had water over the roof. I'll probably start another thread in "mower operation" to discuss what to do if your mower went underwater. The top of my engine was peaking out but the rest went under. Letting it dry now.

If anyone wants to help out, just contact the Red Cross and donate to them. Several thousand homeless.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.