Tractor won't stop moving forward

rlsterling3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all. New member, first post. I've got a Craftsman lawn tractor 21HP 46" deck, 3 years old. According to the book it's a model 247.288853. In the past 2 weeks I've developed a problem. When Moving forward and removing my foot from the gas the tractor continues to move. When putting into forward or reverse I'm getting a grinding noise now. It used to stop after taking my foot off the gas. Is there a transmission fluid level or something I need to check? The manual shows nothing. We've had a ton of rain lately and I really need to get this grass cut.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey all. New member, first post. I've got a Craftsman lawn tractor 21HP 46" deck, 3 years old. According to the book it's a model 247.288853. In the past 2 weeks I've developed a problem. When Moving forward and removing my foot from the gas the tractor continues to move. When putting into forward or reverse I'm getting a grinding noise now. It used to stop after taking my foot off the gas. Is there a transmission fluid level or something I need to check? The manual shows nothing. We've had a ton of rain lately and I really need to get this grass cut.

Check all your linkage from the clutch and from the forward/reverse lever.
Have someone move them while you watch from below (engine not running of course)
check for buildup of grass blocking movement, rust, broken parts, ball joints not swiveling, etc

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have someone move them while you watch from below (engine not running of course)
check for buildup of grass blocking movement, rust, broken parts, ball joints not swiveling, etc

I am going to say the same thing, a linkage problem.

rlsterling3

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thank you! I'll have to take a look. Hopefully its something as simple as that.