RZT-42 safety switch

BBill

Threads
After my RZT-42 warms up a while if I turn 180' the blades shut down. Sometimes I can bounce on the seat to start them...sometimes not.
It's not under warranty...how can I dis-connect the darn thing??

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
For your safety, purchase a new seat safety switch, you will need complete Cub Cadet model number not just RZT-42.

BBill

Threads
I don't think that's it!! After turning the blades will stop...sometimes if I go straight ahead they will start.
Lately I have been shutting it down and re-starting to get the blades going. Today I was cutting and the damn blades just stopped!!
Switch problem or pto ???

BBill

Threads
I think I'll try and replace the interlock switches...only $7.90 each. If that works it will be a cheap fix!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A cheaper fix is to get under the mower and check the wires.
They are vunerable to damage and oft break right where they join into the clutch.
You will need two people to test the wire & connections.
make a long wire with a hook on the end of it so you can jiggle the PTO wires without getting under the mower.
Start the mower engage the blades raise & lower the deck a few times to clear any thing under them that is liable to get shot out while you are testing the wires.
The person sitting in the seat must not move at all while you give the wires merry hell.

NorthBama

Threads
I think I'll try and replace the interlock switches...only $7.90 each. If that works it will be a cheap fix!!

check the lap bar switches you have one going bad. It is set to turn off pto when both lap bars are pulled in reverse. it should not stop pto if only one lap bar is pulled as in turning.

BBill

Threads
check the lap bar switches you have one going bad. It is set to turn off pto when both lap bars are pulled in reverse. it should not stop pto if only one lap bar is pulled as in turning.

Right!! Changed both interlock switches...one was bad. Cheap fix. Thanks!!!