Horse xp quit running

JohnW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and have a big problem with my 4 year old Troybilt Horse xp (Kohler Courage 22hp engine). I have recently changed the fuel filter, air filter, spark plug, oil filter, and installed a new battery. After cutting grass for about half an hour the Horse started chugging and missing going up hills until it finally died. Rolled it into the garage and gently pulled the carb off to see if it was dirty. Carb was shiny and clean but I gave it a good cleaning to be sure. Put it all back together and mower cut grass for another 20 minutes until it just shut down. The engine will turn over and run for about 2 seconds before shutting down. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone HELP!!

Thanks,
John

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Get yourself a pair of inline spark testers , install both of them then start the engine and watch them.
If they keep flashing after the engine stops firing you problem is in the fuel delivery
If the stop flashing at the same time the engine stops running then you have a problem in the electrical system.
$ 20 will save you several hours, money well spent.

Let us know what happened and we will take it from there.