1993 720K, Lifting the 61" 9061 deck.

user4579

Threads
Good Day All! And thanks for the help before! After mowing my yard I thought I would check or sharpen the blades on the 61" deck. My question is what is the best way to lift the deck up? Is there a manual lever I can install to lift it up? What I did was use a come-along from a beam in the garage to the mower deck. Seems like a commercial mower would have a quick easy way to lift the deck to do the blades. I checked my parts / operators manual and nothing about lifting the deck.

173abn

Threads
after each mow I clean the under side of my deck.I lift my 61" deck using an elec. hoist I put on a trolly that runs on a H beam.got the trolly and hoist at H.F...russ

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a few options that I use regularly.
Truck ramps with a flat rolling surface for blade changes & general service work.
Engine hoist if ramps are occupied
Yard crane if I need to go higher
Block & tackle last resort.

Just a few things to watch.
Fuel can run out of the cap vent if tank is very full
Wet cell batteries can leak
Oil can get past the rings and create a hydraulic lock if up in the air for a long time.

If doing a lot of deck work. I reverse ZTR's onto ramps then hoist the front
or
hoist the back, pop a pair of jack stands under the rear then hoist the front and put jack stands under the front

173abn

Threads
my mower has a front deck,only the deck leaves the ground.tractor stays on terra firma...russ

user4579

Threads
Thanks for the responses! I guess I'll stick with lifting it with a chain hoist. Just thought over the years someone would have come up with something to attach to the deck to raise it like the newer ones. Thanks All!!

173abn

Threads
I wish that too.I'm thinking my neighbor told me he upgraded his older 928d w/a powerfold deck.for the price of one I'll stick w/the elec hoist...russ

user4579

Threads
So would I have to change the whole deck for that power fold, or just adapt it to my deck?

173abn

Threads
I'm thinking you have to have the whole deck.next time I see him I'll ask..russ

user4579

Threads
Thanks for finding out for me! Not a Huge deal, I just have to pull the old car out of the shop and move things around every time I want to use the hoist to lift it up. (Safely)

173abn

Threads
when I bought my mower my barn was full of jeep ,tractor and other mowers.I had to build a shop just for it on one side of my barn.lol....russ