John Deere LX188 engine shutdown?

edlkll

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LX188 and the engine is still shutting down. I first started with shutting down and the oil light would come on. Replaced a blown fuse on
the ignition board and I though that fixed the problem. I ran it cutting grass for about 15 minutes and everything was fine. Shut it off checked fluids
restarted and it ran about a minute or two then shut down. Re started and it shuts down but no oil light comes on? I am thinking its something electrical
maybe the igniter box or the ignition board? Is there any way of testing the board or the igniter box? I hate to replace one or the other if not needed
they are pretty costly. Some ones thoughts or answers will be helpful. edlkll

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a LX188 and the engine is still shutting down. I first started with shutting down and the oil light would come on. Replaced a blown fuse on
the ignition board and I though that fixed the problem. I ran it cutting grass for about 15 minutes and everything was fine. Shut it off checked fluids
restarted and it ran about a minute or two then shut down. Re started and it shuts down but no oil light comes on? I am thinking its something electrical
maybe the igniter box or the ignition board? Is there any way of testing the board or the igniter box? I hate to replace one or the other if not needed

Does it have the Chevy or the Ford engine?
The experts here can't provide help without all the correct information.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

For that type of troubleshooting you will need the John Deere service manual. You can get on from John Deere. It is written so anyone can use it.
https://techpubs.deere.com/

edlkll

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry it has a 17hp Kawasaki liquid cooled engine
FD501V AS00 FD501V005936

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spend the money on the manual.
Costs about the same as 1 hour of mechanics labour so will pay for itself the first time you use it.
Also makes the mower sell real fast .
When I have a JD to sell I buy the service manual and offer it with the mower.
The $ 75 manual pulls $ 200 to $ 300 more for the mower.
People are funny at times.