Tire pressure on the hopper???

trpshoot

Threads
The dealer told me last year when I bought the grasshopper that if I keep over 9 # of air in the rear tires it will damage the hydros and transmission. I have kept 9 pounds in the tires and it appears that I have developed a hard crease in the sidewall of the tire when it sets for up to two weeks or over winter, etc. The tire feels mushy when driving and steering.

Any reason for concern?

What do you guys keep your tire pressure at?

BWH

Threads
I run 8 lbs. air pressure in my 725 with lug tires. My previous Grasshopper with turf tires would slip with over 8 lbs. of air, but I have a lawn with hills. I've never heard of damaging the hydro with too much air?

Midniteoyl

Threads
What size tires you guys have on Grasshoppers to only have 8-9psi? That seems low for a heavier ZTR. My tires run at 16psi and no problems to the hydros..

BWH

Threads
What size tires you guys have on Grasshoppers to only have 8-9psi? That seems low for a heavier ZTR. My tires run at 16psi and no problems to the hydros..

My 725DT runs 22x11.00x10 Bar High Flotation tires, you can also get the 22x10.00x10 Turf tire.

The sticker on the rim says recommended 8 PSI as does the owners manual.

Seems to soften the ride along with excellent traction especially if your running the turf tire, I'm here to tell you if you run turf tires up to 10-12 PSI the slippage on an incline is tremendously noticeable.

Midniteoyl

Threads
My 725DT runs 22x11.00x10 Bar High Flotation tires, you can also get the 22x10.00x10 Turf tire.

The sticker on the rim says recommended 8 PSI as does the owners manual.

Seems to soften the ride along with excellent traction especially if your running the turf tire, I'm here to tell you if you run turf tires up to 10-12 PSI the slippage on an incline is tremendously noticeable.

Huh.. I'll have to look into that.

trpshoot

Threads
This is what my tires look like and size. Not pleased with the crease, I have checked with two different air gauges and it says I am at 9 #. WHAT THE HECK???

20160719_184620.jpg20160719_184628.jpg20160719_184636.jpg20160719_184759.jpg20160719_184825.jpg

Midniteoyl

Threads
This is what my tires look like and size. Not pleased with the crease, I have checked with two different air gauges and it says I am at 9 #. WHAT THE HECK???

Those are 16-20psi tires, not 9., unless they are Turf Savers 2ply (which they dont look like), then they are 10psi.

edit: What the name/product code on those? Looks like a Turf Master..

trpshoot

Threads
I will take a look and let you know what tire is on my rims; all I do know is that I don't know squat about lawn mower tires and that I have a 1 year old very expensive ZTR with tires that look like crap with a sticker that says 9 PSI. This tread also seems to spin easily, I have to really "baby" turns as in a very slow four to five point turn around to keep from ripping up turf. I am not happy with these tires.

BWH

Threads

View attachment 29270View attachment 29271View attachment 29272View attachment 29273View attachment 29274

That is odd, I have seen that wrinkle on a 612 with hopper & 48" deck (which is a lot of deck and blower for a 612) never the less I could get it to wrinkle but it usually was less than 9 Lbs. PSI. I do know that the sidewalls on my 721 and 725D are 4/ply and are some what more substantial. Have you ever broke the bead on a side hill? On my old 612 I finally had to run tubes because of rolling the bead off the rim on a side hill.

When you run it up to 10/11 lbs. psi does the wrinkle go away? I guess I'm not totally experienced with the weight distribution of a Mid-Mount. I wouldn't think the weight distribution is that much different than a front-mount weight wheel to wheel?

Midniteoyl

Threads
I will take a look and let you know what tire is on my rims; all I do know is that I don't know squat about lawn mower tires and that I have a 1 year old very expensive ZTR with tires that look like crap with a sticker that says 9 PSI. This tread also seems to spin easily, I have to really "baby" turns as in a very slow four to five point turn around to keep from ripping up turf. I am not happy with these tires.

This looks like your tire.. Go down to your size and you'll see its a 20psi max tire. At 9psi it will not support your tractors weight. It might at 14.

http://www.carlstargroup.com/product/tires/lawn-garden-golf/turf-master-multi-trac