Tire pressure on the hopper???

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just a FYI, big changes to air pressure can also change mower deck slope.

577jersey

Threads
I run 5 to 6 PSI in my rear and same in front..the tires are just about to belly out a little,,holds the slopes alot better and the ride is great!!
Any lower than 5 PSI I think would start to effect cut quality on my machine by bouncing out.
I am going to cut grooves in all my treads also..I did one side other day and that side holds the banks really well when its on the downside.

trpshoot

Threads
I run 5 to 6 PSI in my rear and same in front..the tires are just about to belly out a little,,holds the slopes alot better and the ride is great!!
Any lower than 5 PSI I think would start to effect cut quality on my machine by bouncing out.
I am going to cut grooves in all my treads also..I did one side other day and that side holds the banks really well when its on the downside.

Will you post a picture of cutting groves in the tread? I have never heard of that and am interested!

577jersey

Threads
Yes i can,,I just use a 4-1/2" angle grinder with a metal cut off wheel...I cut each tread or knobby in half leaving a nice sharp groove...they make cutting tools for doing the job also..its an old dirt track trick that really works,,just dont cut too deep,,and get ready to smoke out your neighbors..and remember,,its only a lawn mower tire..lol

Here is a video of a guy on youtube doing it to his mower.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Midniteoyl

Threads
Same idea as siping snow tires.. only sideways.

smoothRide.gif

577jersey

Threads
Your welcome brother,,
Im going to cut every tread in half next rainy day,,Ill let ya know how it works :)

Tom