1554 deck exchange

jjk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm jjk a newby to forums,hello everyone, My question is this ,I have taken an 2004 1554 cub cadet on a trade. The problem is the deck is so rusted out it can't be fixed and I don't need a 54 inch deck,my question is can I put another deck on this machine .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of the fabulous things that MTD did when they bought out Cub Cadet was to adopt the Cub quick mounting system across their entire range. :thumbsup:
The bad bit is they have only gone to common mounting centers quite reciently so you may need to move the lift mounting points to fit your mower. :thumbdown:
So the long and short of it is any deck can be made to fit without a lot of work if you can weld, just remove the old rear mount which should bolt on the the front mount which should be welded on.
I have done this a few times With smaller decks 48" as old Cub decks are thin on the ground down here.
Easiest to do with fabricated decks as they are thick steel so will take welding or just plain bolting together .

I would have thought that you would be able to get bare decks over there for a reasonable price