Hustler Raptor Flip Up - worth it?

sumpnfishy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just started browsing this forum and the Internet on what's available these days in ZTR's. I know there are some commercial units that have some sort of flip up ability but just found this being offered in the Raptor series, which was one I have already been considering.

I have about 1 acre of yard to mow here in the Indiana, kind of rough ground with lots of trees and items to move around. Have a Kubota rider but would like to knock out mowing a little quicker. And the rider is a rough ride on my back. So a shorter mowing time and smoother ride are my main goals for hopefully less than $5K.

I do most of my own servicing so the flip up option looks attractive from that standpoint. Has anyone used one or have opinions on reliability. I know when things are more complicated they tend to fail more often. Getting down on the ground to work on my current mower doesn't help my back much either. :wink:

Any other suggestions on the type of mower would be welcome as well. Live just outside of Indianapolis so many different dealers in the area so just about any brand is an option.
Thanks!
Dennis

retfr8flyr

Threads
I really don't see the value in the flip up version. You can get a nice mower lift, for a couple hundred dollars, that will give you easy access to the deck and blades, which is what I have done. I have a new SD 48 and I think it's great, I just couldn't see the extra cost in the flip up. If you are doing commercial mowing, then it may be worth but I would think you would get an heavier machine for commercial use.