Walk behind 1970 Lawnboy Model # 5004

Rbp401

Threads
I am trying to restore this Lawnboy model # 5004. I am having trouble,finding some of the parts that are missing. What type of on/Off switch did it have and it doesn't seem to have a primer but a choke lever that maybe attaches to a rod that has a pull knob that is next to the recoil mechanism. I got what little information that I have from parts tree schematics. I cant find a picture of one just like this one. It doesn't look exactly like a C engine but it doesn't have a primer like a D engine. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Rbp401

Threads
Thank so much for the response to my post I really appreciate the diagrams and info that helps a lot. Have any of you ever seen one. The deck appears to have been green, the brick top I cant tell if it was red or green too rusty, but what is confusing is the wheel adjuster have like a teal blue plastic tip which I thought only came on the tan colored mowers. If anyone has any photos of one it would be a big help. Thannks!

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 18

fabricgator

Threads
Yeah, how about TAN? My grand aunt had a tan LawnBoy engine that had a Green and Red base? Frankenstein?

fabricgator

Threads
My first time with pictures...

Hers, (my grand aunt) had a flip open wratchet handle that you would crank like a New Years Eve noise maker. Then when you went to close the handle, it would release the spring tension and spin the flywheel. As a boy, I almost made a smoothie of my little brother while playing in the garage. I can still remember the walloping.

Attachments

• ALB Brick.jpg
    ALB Brick.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 35
  • ALB bricks-l225.jpg
    ALB bricks-l225.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 26

Phototone

Threads
I have a "C" engine that has a cream colored shroud/gas tank. Not dark enough to be tan. Don't know what color the rest of the mower was, don't have it.

Rbp401

Threads
Thank you very much Uncle Lee, I thought that is what it looked like although some of the C engine ones were more yellow. I have had many Lawnboys over the years and I think this one has been the best, I have owned it over 30 years and have been pulling it with a rope for the last 25 I just recently got a new recoil off ebay and just decided to restore it while I was at it, I have this one and one more a 79 F engine model, I recently had a little trouble with it and the muffler was so gummed up I couldn't even find the hole for the exhaust to go in and the carb was out of adjustment previous owner had adjusted too rich for the stopped up muffler now I think I have it too lean it is the 1/4 inch screw on topof carb hard to adjust while running and I cant find any specs for how many turns out it should be I know 1 1/2 wasn't it. Seems the paint everyone is recommending is Grabber Green duplicolor or rustoleum. I v been trying to get my hand on an edger like the one pictured but always get outbid or the seller wont ship. Thanks again I appreciate all the time you spent helping me out.

unclelee

Threads
No problem brother.
When you are ready for decals try rsmotorsports_racing_collectables on eBay.
Sam is great to deal with, and if you don't see what you need, just send him a pm and ask.
Lee