Walk behind 1970 Lawnboy Model # 5004

Phototone

Threads

Lawnboy77

Threads
If you are talking about the original OMC rope gasket it is usually still available via ebay (see link below for one of the current listings). Like Phototone already mentioned, the rest of the gaskets are still available through Toro, or ebay. I usually check both sources because sometimes ebay sellers will beat Lawnboy/Toro on the pricing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lawn-Boy-Mo...996782?hash=item1a18c952ae:g:58kAAOSwvU5XNKb0

Rbp401

Threads
Thanks I was referring to the small oval rubbery gasket found one on ebay didn't think about the rope gasket I guess I need that too. I am beginning to question my mental capacity as I add up how much money I have spent on piddly little parts for this thing, finally found all the parts to put the original choke on off switch back together 40 .00 later and I'm sitting here trying to figure out how they all go together. As soon as I get it all together I will post some more photos. I did find one other color made by Krylon that is closer called ivy leaf anyone looking for paint might want to take a lookIMG_0927.jpgIMG_0928.jpg

unclelee

Threads
You can't look at how much you are spending....lol you may not finish the old boy.
I am currently fixing up a 5020, and have a few hundred in it...and still need to get the mag deck welded up around the rear wheel height adjuster to get rid of the wear....$100 repair.
Then there are the little details...like should your wheel bolts have the OMC symbol on the head...lol $15 a piece if you say yes....coil condenser and plug wire..$45.
You see where I am going...we haven't even got started yet.
But...in the end you will have brought a great old machine back to life, and something unique you can know you did.

Lee

2smoked

Threads
None of my Lawn Boys are perfect cosmetic restorations, and yet I have stuck more than a few dollars into some of them. But I look at it this way: In the end, I have a nice collection of mowers that look nice, function beautifully, and will outlast any of today's fancy expensive mowers. There is also the fun and satisfaction of knowing that, by the touch of your tools, your cleaning brushes, and your patience, you have revived an old, American made, useful piece of motorized equipment.

Rbp401

Threads
Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragement I am still working on trying to find all the piddly little parts to make it original, thought I had them all , finally found all the stop choke switch parts . Took a while to figure out how it worked. It was so simple I felt embarrassed. I am now working on the original recoil, for 30 years I wrapped a rope around it and it worked just fine. I put the recoil on and pulled and nothing, grabbed so I figured out there were pins that were missing, finally found the pins in New York and so far haven't got them to work right, maybe a spring or something I'm still missing to keep them pushed out where they are supposed to be. Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't given up and when I get it together I will post some photos. Thanks again for all the support.

Rbp401

Threads
Almost finished a few little details and I'm doneIMG_0977.jpgIMG_0982.jpgIMG_0984.jpgIMG_0986.jpgIMG_0987.jpgIMG_0989.jpgIMG_0991.jpgIMG_0995.jpg