Walk behind 1970 Lawnboy Model # 5004

Rbp401

Threads
I found 3 that might IMG_0909.jpgwork key lime, satin green apple, and citrus green none are exact

Rbp401

Threads
Sorry for all the repeat posts, the link I saved to my desktop is not getting updated. I had your same idea Lee spray it with clear engine enamel after. Powder coating is an excellent thought if they will do that for 100. Is that everything frame handles and shroud, you can spend that much in supplies doing it yourself, not counting all the work involved in cleaning it up. I wish I would have checked into that, I still might powder coating is so durable. but colors are limited more I thought. But anyway, update for now the satin green apple matched the closest with black primer I was afraid it would be too light but the black primer toned it down a notch. Thanks for all the help.

Lawnboy77

Threads
Powder coating is an excellent thought if they will do that for 100. Is that everything frame handles and shroud, you can spend that much in supplies doing it yourself, not counting all the work involved in cleaning it up. I wish I would have checked into that, I still might powder coating is so durable. but colors are limited more I thought.

Yes that includes everything, shroud deck and handles...of course prices are going to vary throughout the country. I've heard of some folks having to pay more than double for that. It's worth checking into, if not for this project, maybe for the next one. We all know you can't just stop at one. LOL I'm sure whatever route you take it's going to look great. Looking forward to seeing the results...those lime green C series are some of my favorites.

Rbp401

Threads
I sprayed it with the satin green apple maybe missing a little yellow, overall not bad.

IMG_0918.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 25

2smoked

Threads
I sprayed it with the satin green apple maybe missing a little yellow, overall not bad.

Overall not bad?---I think it looks fantastic! From the photos, the color match looks great.

Rbp401

Threads
Thanks for the positive comment. I just got some clear engine enamel to put over the paint to make it more durable and i was reading the instructions last night and it said the stuff would not cure until you run the engine for 1 hr to heat it up, i haven't figured out how to heat it to 200 degrees for an hr, i first thought about putting it in the car and letting it bake in the car while i was at work , but the fumes are so strong i don't think I'm going to do that.

unclelee

Threads
I use Duplicolor engine enamel, just give it a couple days and it will cure nicely.
You could set it one your driveway and let it bake in the sun.

Rbp401

Threads
I am trying to get the choke shutoff switch back to factory specs, it had none on it when I got it. I have located the spring and the choke rod, but have not figured out exactly how it goes together. Does anyone have any insight on how this works.

Rbp401

Threads
What are you guys using for exhaust gaskets for C and D series engines I cant seem to find any.