Repairs Model 10313 Carburetor question

rover_nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I needed to replace the primer bulb and removed the carb to do it.
But stupidly didn't take this photo before doing that, so now I want to see if I have the linkage in the correct hole (it won't run above idle unless I operate the throttle by hand).
Does it go in hole A, B, C or D?

carb.jpg

I hope it's not D, because that means something else is wrong with it rather than my screwup. :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Tom

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Tom -- you did a great job of taking a clear photo and labeling it.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer -- all I can say is proceed by trial and error. There aren't that many possibilities. :wink:

dwblue00

Threads
I needed to replace the primer bulb and removed the carb to do it.
But stupidly didn't take this photo before doing that, so now I want to see if I have the linkage in the correct hole (it won't run above idle unless I operate the throttle by hand).
Does it go in hole A, B, C or D?

carb.jpg

I hope it's not D, because that means something else is wrong with it rather than my screwup. :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Tom
On my 10313 the throttle linkage is in what I would call hole "D". I'll post a pic of mine here for you to see.

Attachments

• IMG_20110608_175914.jpg
    IMG_20110608_175914.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20110608_175924.jpg
    IMG_20110608_175924.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 48

rover_nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer -- all I can say is proceed by trial and error. There aren't that many possibilities. :wink:
Yeah, that was my first thought, but since I need to remove the carb to move the linkage, I was hoping to only do it once.

On my 10313 the throttle linkage is in what I would call hole "D". I'll post a pic of mine here for you to see.
Hmmm...it looks like you might have a different sort of lever on yours.

I'll add that without the linkage connected, the plate with then holes in it is in the same position at rest as it is in my photo. If that makes any difference.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the engine not running the governor should be holding the throttle wide open.. :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the engine not running the governor should be holding the throttle wide open.. :smile:KennyV

That's a good point. In the photo (post #1), it appears that the throttle is resting against the idle adjustment screw -- the opposite of where it should be. There may be another problem -- did you take anything else (like the governor) apart?

rover_nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I removed the bowl and float, but that was obvious how to reassemble.
It sounds like the linkage should be in A or B then.
Thanks.

dwblue00

Threads
It looks like on mine that the govenor sits in hole "A". I think the govenor holds the butterfly of the carb open a little bit. Hope I was of help to ya.

rover_nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like on mine that the govenor sits in hole "A". I think the govenor holds the butterfly of the carb open a little bit. Hope I was of help to ya.
I'll report back later today. Thanks. :smile:

rover_nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the replies.
I moved the linkage to 'A' and it runs like a champ.

So, early surging was caused by a failing primer bulb, which ultimately failed completely so the mower wouldn't run.
I determined it was the primer bulb because if I held it pressed all the way in (closing off the leak), the mower would run. It was just hard to mow while holding the bulb pressed in. :laughing: