RZT50 - won't start

sparetime

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy -

I've got a RZT50 powered by a 22hp B&S - Intek Twin Cylinder. Last time I used it, it ran just fine. The other day I started it up, backed out of the garage and it just quit. No sputtering or anything. Now, it will no longer start. I have replaced both spark plugs (they do have spark), I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump, replaced the rubber gasket and o-ring inside the Nikki carburetor, along with cleaning and blowing out and running wire through the holes. The bowl fills with fuel and the electronic fuel shut off on the bottom of the bowl is in good working order.

Strange part is, it will start by spraying starting fluid into the carb, run great for a couple seconds on the staring fluid and then of course die. But it will not start on its own.

I'm at a total loss as to what to look at next....any ideas? Thanks in advance....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

If it starts and runs on starter fluid but won't run on the carb you are not getting fuel into the engine.
pull the carb off reconnect the solenoid turn the mower on and blow air down the throat.
You should get a stream of fuel droplets coming out the engine side of the carb if the carb is clean and the solenoid is working.

I cheat and use a bowl nut to replace the solenoid in order to determine if it is working properly.
They give a lot of trouble and are quite prone to gumming up.