Parking break switch bypass

subpar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know how to determine which wires to "jump" in order to bypass the parking break switch for the mower to start? It is a zero turn mower and if the handles aren't in the perfect position, then the parking break is not actually engaged resulting in the mower not starting. Tired of having to sit on mower for 10 mins moving handles in and out to try and get them in the correct spot. Any help is appreciated.

577jersey

Threads
Well there should be two little switches under the seat one on each side that the handle pushes in when they are in the out or stopped position.
You have to pull the plug off or cut the wires then just twist them together and tape...I use usually solder then heat shrink.

You do know its not a good idea to bypass any safety switches right..lol ??

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does anyone know how to determine which wires to "jump" in order to bypass the parking break switch for the mower to start? It is a zero turn mower and if the handles aren't in the perfect position, then the parking break is not actually engaged resulting in the mower not starting. Tired of having to sit on mower for 10 mins moving handles in and out to try and get them in the correct spot. Any help is appreciated.

Then by two new switches and install them.

577jersey

Threads
Hey look at the bright side,,if you bypass the switches your PTO clutch will last years longer cause you can leave your blades on when you get off the mower,,its the chance you take,,just like not wearing a helmet when you ride a street bike....it all comes down to operator choice.I myself have been bypassing switches for years,,since the 80s..never had a problem,,but then again I dont put my mower up to the edge of a nasty bank on its side,,be smart!!

577jersey

Threads
Try to spray/flood some CRC Electronics cleaner in those switches,,i bet the contacts are just dirty and that should fix em up for a long while as well :)