Problem for Murray experts,

wilburn cox

Threads
I have a Murray rider, model # 425014X92B. While mowing this morning I noticed that when I disengaged the blades on the mower deck the blades continued to rotate. They never stopped moving.
The only adjustment I find is on page 23 of owner manual, bottom left disengage position. I checked the location of the blade drive spring and it is in the middle hole of the blade control rod. Should the spring be moved down to the bottom hole in order to correct this? I replaced the belt about three months ago placing the spring in the top hole as shown. After using the mower several times I moved it to the middle hole.
Thanks in advance for your help. I love this forum and many of you have been a great help to me.
Red Cox

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Murray rider, model # 425014X92B. While mowing this morning I noticed that when I disengaged the blades on the mower deck the blades continued to rotate. They never stopped moving.
The only adjustment I find is on page 23 of owner manual, bottom left disengage position. I checked the location of the blade drive spring and it is in the middle hole of the blade control rod. Should the spring be moved down to the bottom hole in order to correct this? I replaced the belt about three months ago placing the spring in the top hole as shown. After using the mower several times I moved it to the middle hole.
Thanks in advance for your help. I love this forum and many of you have been a great help to me.
Red Cox

1) Clogged with grass clippings
2) grove worn in roller holding it in place
3)bent arm
4)disengagement/engagement cable rusted in place

Clean it real good, check operation with lawn mower not running

Pumper54

Threads
I don't have that model Murray but it looks like you have this http://www.manualgo.com/m-murray-murray-425014x92b-manual-174413-23 and it says to engage/disengage the Blade Control lever 5 times after replacing the belt. Any chance you have not done that. I know on my Murray 46209X9C the Blade Control is a total PITA to adjust and half the times the blades are powered no matter where the sector is placed. One day when it is not 105 in the shade I will figure it out.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Red Cox

Try moving the spring into the top hole, if not that solution, check the brake "pads" ( mounted on levers ) that rub against the pulleys ( mine were shot and I found a decent set in the local mower junkyard, you need to REMOVE THE DECK to get a good look at the pads and install them ) be sure ALL the deck belt levers are free moving ( rust never sleeps )
and finally be sure the blade control lever ......... and linkage inside the dash area is working properly .......... Boobala .........:thumbsup: