Cannot get this thing to stay running

Lainy19

Forum Newbie
Threads
I inherited this Craftsman walk behind mower that was a nice unit when purchased. It has been sitting for some time now so we had to do the routine maintanence on it to get it working. This is what we've done: Changed the spark plug, oil, new gas, new air filter, blade replaced and cleaned out the carburetor. I can get it started (sometimes) but it never stays running. When I first got it I could at least get it to stay running once it was "warmed up" but now it won't stay running at all. My mechanic messed with the idle on it a bit too. Any suggestions? Sometimes starter fluid sprayed in the air filter area helps but it seems to possibly be starving for gas? I'm just lost and don't want to go buy a cheapy one when I can just repair this one which is much better quality than I can afford to replace. Any insight would be much appreciated. :mad:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
there is some plugged jets in the carb. if it has a bowl type carb make sure the nut that holds the bowl on is clean because that is the main fuel jet for the carb, just don't enlarge the hole in the center or it still won't run right. worse case scenerio is you may have to replace the entire carb,