Help finding walbro carb rebuild kit on 2006 LT1040 18hp courage.

tiresharkdbb

Threads
  • / Help finding walbro carb rebuild kit on 2006 LT1040 18hp courage.
Bought mower used, and have been fixing it up. Float/needle is leaking... i can hold it upside down and still suck air through the gas inlet when it is supposed to be closed. I am trying to find a rebuild kit that will work... new needle and maybe seat i guess, if a new needle doesn't fix it.

FYI - I'm not 100% sure that this is the original carb, but it was working fine on the mower for 3 or 4 hours of use, until it started leaking bad.

Here is the info i have:

The carb itself is Walbro LMK and it has these numbers stamped on the side: 126 3075 2005316 Mexico. Underneath the float are the numbers 5-4704. There is no fuel solenoid on it.

The mower model number it is on is a 2006 LT1040 13AX10CG710 (Courage engine).

The reason i say i'm not 100% sure it's the original carb is because when i look up this Cub Cadet model number on parts websites, they list a carb with a fuel solenoid... part number KH-20-853-33-S (replaces KH-20-853-16-S).

Thanks for any help on this!!

tiresharkdbb

Threads
  • / Help finding walbro carb rebuild kit on 2006 LT1040 18hp courage.
Okay, thanks to some help from other places, it's been suggested that the previous owner might have removed the fuel solenoid... so it probably is the carb that the parts sites list, which tells me the proper rebuild kits to purchase.

But here's another question... the bowl bolt and seat are suspiciously shiny, which makes me think that the previous owner recently replaced them. I noticed a large nick at the top of the seat, where maybe he damaged the carb body when he installed the new seat... does anyone know if a nick in that location could cause the needle/seat seal to fail?

Would hate to spend $30 for a new needle/seat and still have it leak... might as well just spend $110 for a new carb if that would be the case. Thanks for any advice.

Here is a link to some pictures of the nick: http://imgur.com/a/8MMQU