Home made water/fuel separater

turbofiat124

Threads
I can't find my post but in short, I seem to think I got water in my fuel due to condensation in the tank from over the winter. It blinded over two fuel filters.

I finally strained all my fuel through one of those Mr. Funnels and think I got rid of any water (no problems).

I thought about building a homemade water/fuel separator. Like an old sediment bowl on a tractor. My idea was to use an small jar mounted on the frame rail and feed fuel in halfway down then out from the top. But still use a fuel filter.

That way if there was any water in the fuel it should sink to the bottom of the jar if the mower sits. Then just dump it out if I see it separate.

Or just make sure my fuel tank is topped off completely before putting it up for the season?

Midniteoyl

Threads
I can't find my post but in short, I seem to think I got water in my fuel due to condensation in the tank from over the winter. It blinded over two fuel filters.

I finally strained all my fuel through one of those Mr. Funnels and think I got rid of any water (no problems).

I thought about building a homemade water/fuel separator. Like an old sediment bowl on a tractor. My idea was to use an small jar mounted on the frame rail and feed fuel in halfway down then out from the top. But still use a fuel filter.

That way if there was any water in the fuel it should sink to the bottom of the jar if the mower sits. Then just dump it out if I see it separate.

Or just make sure my fuel tank is topped off completely before putting it up for the season?

What you are looking for is called a 'gascolator'. Google should come up with some DIY ways to make one.