Gravely throttle and choke cable assembly

Nator52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone else out there have problems with their Gravely throttle and choke cable assembly? Only two years old and the plastic holder broke, now have to replace the whole assembly, Have anyone ever changed theirs, I have a ZT 50, is it hard to get to?

Bruiser

Forum Newbie
Threads
We've ran gravely 200 series for 8 years, the throttle plastic piece wears out over time (bad design) unfortunately you do have to replace the entire assembly. It's not hard to replace but a little tedious. We have had to replace several even on our pro stance.

Bundy

Forum Newbie
Threads
A little late to this thread, but throttle assembly on my ZT42 broke at the very end of the season this year. Do they make a replacement with a metal housing instead of that flimsy plastic?

Also, anyone know where I can get a service manual? I wanted to get to the assembly to rig it up for one last cut, but couldn't even figure out how to get the fender off to get to it and didn't want to break the plastic rivets.

Bundy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bump. Anyone?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Replacements are only plastic and from what I remember you can not get repair manuals for Exmark.

The reason you where ignored before is because you hijack a thread instead of making your own.

Bundy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Replacements are only plastic and from what I remember you can not get repair manuals for Exmark.

The reason you where ignored before is because you hijack a thread instead of making your own.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure how I hijacked the thread? My questions was directly related to the original question but about my Gravely ZT 42 (as opposed to the original poster's ZT 50; not sure why you mention Exmark). Seemed more efficient to put it in the same thread and would have kept all info about the same problem in one place for other users.

Anyway, if it helps anyone: I replaced my entire throttle assembly with the same cheap, plastic part (like the original; paid $40 for it). It's a simple job that took a total of 15 minutes, so anyone else who finds themselves in this situation, don't stress.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you ask a question about your machine in someone else's post you are hijacking.

If you put everything in one post how will people know how many problems that machine has. The search feature is really nice but a google search that turns up 500 hits as compared to 1 is very important.

It is simple in almost every forum I have ever been in and that is a lot. The rule is one problem per post. Biggest rule is one persons problem per post.

Problem with most people hijacking a post is they say they have the same problem as the original poster and it turns out it is not the same. Yours is the same but now we only have 1 post on it and not 2 if you understand my point.

Bundy

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you ask a question about your machine in someone else's post you are hijacking.

If you put everything in one post how will people know how many problems that machine has. The search feature is really nice but a google search that turns up 500 hits as compared to 1 is very important.

It is simple in almost every forum I have ever been in and that is a lot. The rule is one problem per post. Biggest rule is one persons problem per post.

Problem with most people hijacking a post is they say they have the same problem as the original poster and it turns out it is not the same. Yours is the same but now we only have 1 post on it and not 2 if you understand my point.

Do you get your hypocrisy? This thread was about Gravely ZT throttle assemblies, now it's about hijacked threads.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bundy ...check the number of posts you have made with the number Blaz has made ...
I think the fella has been around this site more than a few times .. he is just trying to HELP folks
and keep things EASY to manage... we also have problems like people submitting "double-posts"
2 posts about the same issue but sometimes worded differently then if 1 gets Hi-Jacked ..
well you might have several members going back n forth over the different posts and
it gets crazy and frustrating ... all these members that offer their help ..do it FREE !!
they do the best they know how ... more often then not... several members will try to help out
on 1 post ... we ALL want to help EVERYONE we can .. and we are human.. we NEED certain
information ( make,model, & type of unit that is the issue ) without this info ...most times
the information we put forth could pertain to hundreds of machines ( ie. ..My lawnmower won't start ...how do I fix it ..?? )
Get the idea ..?? WE ALL have to work together ...:thumbsup:

blackchevy3de

Threads
Does anyone else out there have problems with their Gravely throttle and choke cable assembly? Only two years old and the plastic holder broke, now have to replace the whole assembly, Have anyone ever changed theirs, I have a ZT 50, is it hard to get to?
partstree.com sells the knob for 6.00 dollars