Repairs TB30R

jimshoe52

Threads
Has anyone replaced the drive belt on Troy-Bilt TB30R. My owners manual say take to a repair service. It can't be that hard? Instructions and pictures would be most helpful. OR repair manual. Thanks in advance.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You need 2 belts. Here is what it looks like.
tb30r.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
TroyBilt does not have a service manual and I doubt if pictures are going to help much, as you can't see much. I have replaced these belts and I don't know what you mean by "It can't be that hard". Nothing is that hard if you know what you are doing and what to look for. In this case I'll give you a few tips, with a warning, have an assistant. Deck must be removed. Both belts are under tension and fingers can get pinched if not careful. Remove tension on both belts as your first step. To remove the bottom belt, you must loosen, do not remove, the sheave pulley assembly. This will allow you to get the belt past the frame, which acts as a belt guide. tighten the sheave pulley assembly after installing the bottom belt, then install the top belt. When both belts are installed put the tension back on both pulleys. Takes me about 45 minutes if I don't get interrupted. Good Luck if you are going to attempt this.

jimshoe52

Threads
TroyBilt does not have a service manual and I doubt if pictures are going to help much, as you can't see much. I have replaced these belts and I don't know what you mean by "It can't be that hard". Nothing is that hard if you know what you are doing and what to look for. In this case I'll give you a few tips, with a warning, have an assistant. Deck must be removed. Both belts are under tension and fingers can get pinched if not careful. Remove tension on both belts as your first step. To remove the bottom belt, you must loosen, do not remove, the sheave pulley assembly. This will allow you to get the belt past the frame, which acts as a belt guide. tighten the sheave pulley assembly after installing the bottom belt, then install the top belt. When both belts are installed put the tension back on both pulleys. Takes me about 45 minutes if I don't get interrupted. Good Luck if you are going to attempt this.

How do you open or access the belts. I don't see anything from under the frame. Do you access from the top?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Everything is done from the top. You can access the belts after removing the battery. Pulley sheave is loosen by two bolts on the left outside of the frame. DO NOT REMOVE or you will have big problems.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You reopen this 5 year old thread and make a comment like that. You think we are not thread brightest guys around, but proves you’re a whole lot dumber that 99% of the members on this forum. Please crawl back into the Port-a-potty you call home, because you seem like someone who has spent a lot of time looking up at our bottom sides.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Some people just don't get it. Each piece of equipment has it own unique ways of being repaired. For me working without service manual they just a big jawsaw puzzle that must taken apart while remembering how it came apart so you can reverse the disassembly. Some mechanics even a series of photos during the disassembly.

One tool needed here on the T30R was heavy spring hook. I make most of mine own spring hooks. Even then on some mowers you need a helper. I got one particular CC ZTR that even there is an access hole for the tool, the spring mounting is not aligned with it. It take one pulling the spring and other tech using a pair of channel locks to side pull the spring to the mount.

I do agree that ricoshea3 looks to be just a trouble maker and if he was on the forum I manage he get kick off and barred. I simply don't put jerks like that.