Issues with 2 weedeater featherlite trimmers

javjacob

Threads
I have an older model not sure of the year but its the 18cc engine and its been sitting for a while with 10% ethanol fuel in it. I can get it to fire up for a few seconds but it wont stay running for more than 30 seconds or so and if you try to give it gas it dies instantly. I am not sure what a new carb cost or if its worth trying to clean the dirty carb?

I also have another one FL25C I bought new in 2012 and it has been running very bad, hard to start and the gas tank leaks pretty bad. I pulled the plug and turned the motor over several times with the pull rope and noticed the piston would be dry like it should be then it would have a flood of gas pour in the cylinder. As I pulled the pull rope it would shoot out a geyser of gas out the spark plug hole. Then it would dry back up continuing to pull the rope then flood again with fuel and so on. Not sure what is causing this?

javjacob

Threads
I did a half cleaning of the carb on the old 18cc trimmer and it is now running pretty good.

The FL25C on the other hand is hard to start and when it does it will run good for a minute or so then start bogging down and stall out. If I restart it and hold the throttle wide open it will run good but if I let off it will bog out and die. If I have it wide open and let off the gas a tad and it starts to bog then I go back to wide open throttle sometimes it will come out of it and keep running but it seems to only want to run wide open.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Idle circuit is dirty in the carb. Try cleaning the carb.

javjacob

Threads
I will try that, will I need new gaskets if I remove the carb?

javjacob

Threads
On the 18cc trimmer I found a sticker that says its a 1998 model but cant find a model number.
Also says...
family- WPWES. 0183LT :EM
Disp.- 18cc 05:02
Serial #- 98341N6000XX-X

It also has the numbers 530-049912 on the side of the sticker.

Anyone know what the model/series is?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did not know but your weedeater is made by Husqvarna. No wonder it is such a good weedeater.
Part number for the carb 530071635 $39.00

Yes you need gasket.