Kohler KT735 Choke and Governor adjustment

Jimmiew37

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub Cadet XT1 with Kohler. I have adjusted the Manual choke and throttle cable, per the manual, along with the governor adjustment. When I do the Governor, by pushing the arm up toward the carb. and turning the governor shaft clockwise, as far as it will go, the engine revs way to high when started, with no idle at all. I have tried everythjing that I can figure out, to get a decent Idle, and still get the choke to work when starting cold. I can get Choke with High RPM or no choke and a decent throttle control. Any help would surely be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jim

By the way, this is in a 2015 CC XT1

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Jimmiew37

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Mark, I followed the Governor instructions, this A.M. and I have the choke working, and adjusted the Governor arm up, and the shaft CCW as in the instructions. I still can't get a decent Idle. I can't say what the idle rpm is, but it is awfully fast. I may just take it to the Dealer.

Thanks for the PDF. Jim

Jimmiew37

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub Cadet XT1 with Kohler. I have adjusted the Manual choke and throttle cable, per the manual, along with the governor adjustment. When I do the Governor, by pushing the arm up toward the carb. and turning the governor shaft clockwise, as far as it will go, the engine revs way to high when started, with no idle at all. I have tried everythjing that I can figure out, to get a decent Idle, and still get the choke to work when starting cold. I can get Choke with High RPM or no choke and a decent throttle control. Any help would surely be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jim

By the way, this is in a 2015 CC XT1

Took it to the dealer, and it still can't get full choke, or low idle. I can mow my yard at idle. Have to open hood, and pull choke rod up by hand to start @ 50 deg.