Carb ajustment tool for SRM-280S

rodm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
What carb adjustment tools do I need for this model? Anyone have a pro grade tool kit for these a part number would be grate to?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most carb adjusting tools cannot be sold by dealers, government rules. They even send out undercover buyers to see if any one does sell them. Fine to the dealer is in the 5 figure range. Have been told you can find them online.

rodm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks that would explain why I can only find the cheep chines made ones. If a guy found a Walbro diaphragm carburetors tool would that be the one to get? From the parts diagram it looks like it takes a bladed screw driver but that could be a replacement item.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Quite some time ago I took the advice of some one on You Tube.
He removed the needles using some fine point tweezers clamped in a pair of lock jaw pliers.
Once out he used a fine cut off wheel in a Dremel type tool to cut a screwdriver slot in the jet.
Again this is officially regarded as tampering with an anti pollution device which in itself is a joke.
A fellow tech puts some epoxy in the end of a straw and pushed that down over the end of the jet then let it set.
The needles are not in particularly tight.
He now does this with every new head and I will give it a shot the next time a needle comes in I don't have a tool for.

I am a registered repair business & I can not get the tools to do these adjustments which are only available to franchised new equipment retailers.