Engine Kohler sv725-3021 intense heat

101AB7275

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had just changed oil, filter and air cleaner......mowed about an hour and running fine.....knew i had small oil leak but very slow....kept engine cover very clean but was dirty after this hour of operation.....hottest engine I have ever had...oil filter too hot for bare hand....oil stick super hot to touch.....so hot thought it was melted inside....hours later cleaned as before start of mowing and cranked right up.....didn't run but few minutes and seems heat was way too high under no wrk load....any suggestions would be most appreciated.....thanks

Midniteoyl

Threads
Had just changed oil, filter and air cleaner......mowed about an hour and running fine.....knew i had small oil leak but very slow....kept engine cover very clean but was dirty after this hour of operation.....hottest engine I have ever had...oil filter too hot for bare hand....oil stick super hot to touch.....so hot thought it was melted inside....hours later cleaned as before start of mowing and cranked right up.....didn't run but few minutes and seems heat was way too high under no wrk load....any suggestions would be most appreciated.....thanks

Pull the covers completely off and check the cooling fins, fan, and screens (on the cover).. If those are all clean and it still gets too hot and there's still plenty of oil, you could have a lean running carb that needs to be cleaned and/or adjusted.

101AB7275

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your suggestion.....I cleaned with compressor air in all directions but should have completely removed cover....guess people like me keep others in business.....will do that today and appreciate you taking the time to respond.....keep everything visible very clean but think you nailed it.....at 63 I should know better....

snapsstorer

Threads
know what you mean. 60 years old here and found out that you are never to old to learn something new.:laughing:

101AB7275

Forum Newbie
Threads
Never want to stop learning but I'm doing it at times at the 5th grade level. Mower still hasn't been given more than a small trial run.Been out of town since problem but running better over short haul..back on 5th to try real deal...always willing to learn and appreciate the type of good people who take the time to help others....great people on this forum. Hope everyone enjoys the 4th!!!!!