FS36 trimmer

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FYI bert but logic from the users post implies the problem is NOT the items u want to check again and the problem can likely fixed with a carb adjustment. I don't do what tech support in India does start in step 1 "is the computer plugged in?" When I am already in VI with the file open trying to debug Apache firewall problem. If that is how you work, go nuts.

Personally, additives only mask the current problem if anything and one would eventually go to fixing or replacing the culprit. If these fluids are good enough to get it running and out the door with the customer, go nuts.

The carburettor was set at the factory to work correctly under a specific set of conditions.
These settings do not change overnight , unless you believe in Gremlins ,the predefined conditions change so the settings are no longer correct.
The second biggest source of blocked fuel supply is debris from Walbro style felt fuel filters.

I repair this type of gear for a living and do not have the time to fix a downstream problem several times because of an upstream problem which was causing to problem downstream in the first place
So you start at the beginning and work your way through to the end and the end is retuning the engine.

You start to fix a carb problem by verifing all of the inputs to the carb.
This is logical and methodical n method of working rather than requiring on best guesses.
I like to fix things once & fix them right not just make some adjustments to compensate for a problem which will get worse over time.

Marty013

Threads
The carburettor was set at the factory to work correctly under a specific set of conditions.
These settings do not change overnight , unless you believe in Gremlins ,the predefined conditions change so the settings are no longer correct.
The second biggest source of blocked fuel supply is debris from Walbro style felt fuel filters.

I repair this type of gear for a living and do not have the time to fix a downstream problem several times because of an upstream problem which was causing to problem downstream in the first place
So you start at the beginning and work your way through to the end and the end is retuning the engine.

You start to fix a carb problem by verifing all of the inputs to the carb.
This is logical and methodical n method of working rather than requiring on best guesses.
I like to fix things once & fix them right not just make some adjustments to compensate for a problem which will get worse over time.

if thats how you fix customers equiement thats great! itl keep em coming bck for the same issue kinda deal... but fo mr.. if its got adjustments.. my own stuff here. ill keep adjusting untill i run out of wiggle room.. then fix the issue that needs to be fixed.. thats my stuff. my things.. my way.. and i thank you for not talking down to me for it

upupandaway

Threads
I ment premixed gas. Not additive.

Yes. sorry. I have no problem with the premix other than the price. I was thinking of another post where the person insists all kinds of additives instantly fix their problems.