LA 115 that won't start, good spark

Phillipduffy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2008 LA 115 mower that quit after mowing and now won't start. It has good spark when turning over. Gas should be good since it has been running good this summer. Is there a way to bypass the seat/brake safety switch to check that? What does the switch cut out, gas, elect? My son that runs the mower is very heavy (400+) I thought that may be the problem. I haven't replaced the fuel filter yet but I wanted to bypass the switch to eliminate that first. Thanks for any help

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 2008 LA 115 mower that quit after mowing and now won't start. It has good spark when turning over. Gas should be good since it has been running good this summer. Is there a way to bypass the seat/brake safety switch to check that? What does the switch cut out, gas, elect? My son that runs the mower is very heavy (400+) I thought that may be the problem. I haven't replaced the fuel filter yet but I wanted to bypass the switch to eliminate that first. Thanks for any help
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the engine cranks and has spark I doubt anything is wrong with the safety switches. Try removing the air filter and putting about a teaspoon of gas in the carb throat to see if it will run until that gas is used.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would agree if you have spark then there is a problem with gas getting through the carb. The gas maybe good but something may be obstructing the flow.

Phillipduffy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think I should get the "didn't check the fuel cap award" I finally looked at the fuel cap and the vent hole was pluged thus the mower would run for a while then quit. Thanks for all the answers and help.

Phil

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I should get the "didn't check the fuel cap award" I finally looked at the fuel cap and the vent hole was pluged thus the mower would run for a while then quit. Thanks for all the answers and help.

Phil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can mostly put an end to that problem by crimping aluminum foil over the cap. It lasts for years but if it gets the worn look just replace it in seconds. Now should I paint it yellow or green. AW heck, it works well silver so I'll just leave it be.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 8