So a buddy of mine just bought a new raptor sd 54...

turboawd

Threads
He said it cut alright until he got to some thick stuff out back. I was telling him what a difference blades make and how you can cutout the opening bigger.
I lifted the shoot to show him how i cut mine, and we find this. A good laugh was had. :tongue:

mn4DEiIl.jpg

kraky

Threads
It looks to me like he needs some "turbo" Schoolin!
If he ran his mower like that... your work is cut out for you LOL!

577jersey

Threads
If the flap was bungeed up it might not have clogged,,but still,,the opening is horribly restricted from factory...Im going to call my dealer and ask him if i can cut my opening bigger without messing up the warranty...its really the only bad thing about this mower other than a couple small nut and bolt issues.
Look at the bright side,at least your buddy doesn’t need to order a mulching kit for that mower :)

RhettWS

Threads
  • / So a buddy of mine just bought a new raptor sd 54...
Just grab a big wad of that, add salt, pepper, and a little ranch dressing and you are good to go. Probably taste about like spinach.

I posted about a mod I made for my unit a good while back where I removed that oversized chute. Added some lexan over that top hole and I am good to go. If I were mowing around a bunch of kids or vehicles I probably would leave it on. Thankfully, only a bunch of slow moving old ladies around the neighborhood. :rolleyes:

577jersey

Threads
  • / So a buddy of mine just bought a new raptor sd 54...
Just grab a big wad of that, add salt, pepper, and a little ranch dressing and you are good to go. Probably taste about like spinach.

I posted about a mod I made for my unit a good while back where I removed that oversized chute. Added some lexan over that top hole and I am good to go. If I were mowing around a bunch of kids or vehicles I probably would leave it on. Thankfully, only a bunch of slow moving old ladies around the neighborhood. :rolleyes:
Mines always got doggie treats in it so I think I will pass..lol