What are these holes for (see circled areas in photo) Husqvarna YTA22V46

GKL

Threads
  • / What are these holes for (see circled areas in photo) Husqvarna YTA22V46
That is pretty slick.

Tom

Thanks, originally I was going to buy the canopy made for it for around $100, but when I read reviews where it was flimsy and didn't hold up well over time I decided to make something homemade, less expensive, but much more sturdy, the biggest single expense was the quality 68 inch UV umbrella for about $28, the large PVC pipe I had sitting around not being used so just had to get various fittings, a nut and bolt, and the smaller PVC pipe and fittings, which was not that much added expense.

GKL

Threads
Not quite 100% done yet, but here are a few photos for now, later after I finish it and have the umbrella in it I'll take a few more pictures of the completed project with the umbrella in it and then start a separate thread for for it for those who might want to try similar ideas.

I have another section of PVC that extends it higher, but it is too high to put on and get out of the shed doorway, either Friday or more likely Saturday I'll take the tractor out of the shed, add the extension piece on, then I need to determine where to put a screw or bolt thru for the bottom of the umbrella handle to rest upon.

The PVC pieces fit together so tightly I did not have to use any glue at all. (which is good as some parts needed to stay unglued, such as the end cap on the hitch and the extension pipe the umbrella goes in).

I should be able to use the same bolt going thru the hitch to attach a dump cart when I need to.

I thought I might have needed to use bungee cords for added support, but it is firmly stable and doesn't move. I use an end cap on the top when not in use to keep any dirt or bugs out of the pipe. (the short extension tube in the one photo is just to attach the top end cap to when not in use, the extension tube for the umbrella is much longer)

Also, it does not interfere with being able to lift the seat up.

I can always paint it later to make it look better if I decide to.

View attachment 29139View attachment 29140View attachment 29141View attachment 29142View attachment 29143

Didn't have time yet to finish the project, maybe by Monday or Tuesday, but I did add a helpful addition to it today I had just thought of recently - a hitch extension - (see photo) it is so I now don't have to undo the bolt holding the bottom of the umbrella holder when I want to hook up my utility cart. I used two steel mending plates back to back for extra strength and had to slightly enlarge the holes with a round file so the bolt and hitch pin would fit.

hitch extension.jpg

GKL

Threads
Didn't have time yet to finish the project, maybe by Monday or Tuesday, but I did add a helpful addition to it today I had just thought of recently - a hitch extension - (see photo) it is so I now don't have to undo the bolt holding the bottom of the umbrella holder when I want to hook up my utility cart. I used two steel mending plates back to back for extra strength and had to slightly enlarge the holes with a round file so the bolt and hitch pin would fit.

View attachment 29154

Okay, I finally got it set up to hold the umbrella, and it works very well !

I'll be starting a separate thread a little later today with pictures of the (pretty much) completed project (I have to use a little PVC glue just on the top corner PVC joints of the smaller PVC bracing, that was the only part that shook slightly loose while riding)

Any questions, ask on the new thread after I put it up and I'll be glad to answer :smile:

GKL

Threads
Okay, I finally got it set up to hold the umbrella, and it works very well !

I'll be starting a separate thread a little later today with pictures of the (pretty much) completed project (I have to use a little PVC glue just on the top corner PVC joints of the smaller PVC bracing, that was the only part that shook slightly loose while riding)

Any questions, ask on the new thread after I put it up and I'll be glad to answer :smile:

Okay, here is the new thread focused on the completed umbrella holder -

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/38013-Homemade-Umbrella-Holder-for-my-Husqvarna-YTA22V46