What are these holes for (see circled areas in photo) Husqvarna YTA22V46

GKL

Threads
  • / What are these holes for (see circled areas in photo) Husqvarna YTA22V46
I searched the web and the manual and so far I can't find what the small hole in the top of each fender is for. (see photo)

(I am new to riding mowers)

Thanks !

1tractor.jpg

Midniteoyl

Threads

primerbulb120

Threads
I searched the web and the manual and so far I can't find what the small hole in the top of each fender is for. (see photo)

(I am new to riding mowers)

Thanks !

View attachment 28997

Maybe to mount lights or safety flashers?

Pumper54

Threads
GKL maybe they are mounting holes for the rear bagger set up for that mower. Can't tell by looking at the website. Or as stated earlier maybe for a sun shade set up. Parts diagram shows it to be "BUSHING.MNT.FEND.CRGO " so who really knows what they are for?
Tom

GKL

Threads

GKL

Threads

GKL

Threads
GKL maybe they are mounting holes for the rear bagger set up for that mower. Can't tell by looking at the website. Or as stated earlier maybe for a sun shade set up. Parts diagram shows it to be "BUSHING.MNT.FEND.CRGO " so who really knows what they are for?
Tom

That was another idea I had thought of, but the online instruction shhet does not seem to make use of those holes either.

http://service.webec.husqvarna.net/documents/HUSI/HUSI2008_USen/HUSI2008_USen__532411421R2.pdf

.......but I'll have to do a search on the parts designation you found to see if it gives any clues. (BUSHING.MNT.FEND.CRGO)

update: just did a search for BUSHING.MNT.FEND.CRGO but still not finding anything specific to what those holes are for.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are there for the sun canopy. That they do not make anymore.

GKL

Threads
They are there for the sun canopy. That they do not make anymore.

Okay, thanks for solving the mystery !

I guess it was cheaper to leave it as it is than to redo the assembly line process to not have those holes.

That's fine, because I might be able to make use of those holes for some stabilizing poles as I am going to figure out a way to have a PVC pipe come up the back of the seat so as to hold a large sun umbrella. (the canopy they now have available has gotten a lot of reviews saying it was so flimsy it hardly lasted a summer)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you only mow between the hours of 11am to 1 pm you will find a sombreo works a lot better than any fixed sun shade.
By law the civic authorities down here must provide sun protection and for a while lots of very expensive sun shade were fitted but eventually they all went down the broad brimmed hat and light vented garden glove routes.
Even on the ZTR with ROP's to fit them to most sun shades dissappear very quickly as to be effective they need to be 2' to 4' in front & behind the driver and a similar length left right.
Next time you are near ( on on ) a golf course look at the sun shades on them and how little sun protection they offer the golfers and the golfers are not going back & forth and around in circles quickly ( unless I am one of the golfers ).