Lt150 throttle non responsive

Zigzag

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower starts, fine runs fine. After running for half hour or so engine goes into self control. Runs at high rpm and won't throttle down. Shut down by key but engine runs on for short period of time. You allow motor to cool off, starts up runs fine and then same thing all over again. Help!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You ask us to help you, but you don't help us. How are we to know what engine you have? How old is it? Did it just start doing this? What have you done to the unit in the recent past? When was the last time it was serviced and by whom? Sounds to me like a governor problem, but who knows with the info you provide. Remember "One hand washes the other" but we need some water and soap.

Zigzag

Forum Newbie
Threads
This was a friends mower. Had no idea what the history was only they bought it used. Koehler cv15 2002. Got to the point that every time I started it engine would run away. Carb problem right? Proceeded to tear down. Throttle plate had come loose, screws were gone and plate bouncing around in manifold. Well, shook screws out of exhaust, beat up a bit. Hopefully little damage to cylinder. Bought new carburetor. Now motor surges. Carb has no mixture adjustment like old carb, factory preset. NOW what?

Zigzag

Forum Newbie
Threads
C
This was a friends mower. Had no idea what the history was only they bought it used. Koehler cv15 2002. Got to the point that every time I started it engine would run away. Carb problem right? Proceeded to tear down. Throttle plate had come loose, screws were gone and plate bouncing around in manifold. Well, shook screws out of exhaust, beat up a bit. Hopefully little damage to cylinder. Bought new carburetor. Now motor surges. Carb has no mixture adjustment like old carb, factory preset. NOW what?