Echo will not start ES210

donniebstumped

Forum Newbie
Threads
Echo Shred n Vac ES210 - The grommet on the gas tank and the gas lines were falling apart so I replaced them. After this the Blower would start but bog down after about a minute of running at full throttle and stall. I cleaned the carburetor and still had the same problem (bogs down at high throttle). I took apart the exhaust and it was pretty clean but completely cleaned it up, same issue. Finally I bought a brand new carburetor (Zama OEM Carburetor C1UK78) and installed it and now it won’t start. I cleaned and checked the spark plug and when I pull the cord I do get spark. I am at a loss of what could be causing this issue, it won't start. Not even with starter fluid. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Possibly a gasket missing now between the carburetor and the engine?

You can try and put the old carburetor back on and see if it again runs but bogs down.
My first thought was that you had swapped the fuel lines and install them in the wrong places.
Possibly needle valve carburetor stuck.

Diamondback

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very old post but same thing is happening to me. Same model. ES 210 Etc. I put a new carb and all worked well for a few months. Then nut got loose on the shredder so I had to tighten it up. After that, no start. I have tried everything. It has spark. It has fuel. The safety interlock on the shredder cover is aok, if not I would not have spark. What I have observed is that after a few pulls, I remove the plug and it is saturated with fuel/oil mix. I am doing pulls with no choke, minimum throttle. Occasionally somewhere during the myriad of pull starts, it will fire off for about 2 seconds then die.

I thought I was a pretty good mechanic, not anymore. :(

All help appreciated.