Why are there such a wide range of reviews good to bad on the same model ?

GKL

Threads
  • / Why are there such a wide range of reviews good to bad on the same model ?
The YTA22V46 doesn't have a lot of reviews yet, but I read several reviews that gave it 4 or 5 stars and they were very happy with the YTA22V46, then I read some reviews that gave it 1 or 2 stars and said it was a piece of junk, what gives ? can it be basically a good product and maybe about 1/3 of them are "lemons" ?

I ordered one and it is scheduled to be delivered Monday, should I be concerned, or are "lemons" fairly rare and people are more likely to post a review when they have problems and those who are happy with their purchase less likely to post a review ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some people have difficulty believing that the "magic Pudding" that mummy read to them at bed time was a children's fantasy story.
Some people believe that if they buy the most expensive thing they can afford then it must be prefect without regard to where that item sits in the product heiracy .
Some people believe what sales people tell them.
Some people buy a bottom end product & expect it to run better than the top end product. ( because they know they are all the same )
Some people can not accept that occasionally a dud slips past the QC department
Some people would rather make them self into a "heroic victium" than following tried & trusted consumer advocacy procedures.
Some people buy the wrong product for their requirement then can not accept it was their fault for not researching properly before they opened their wallets.

Others just buy a product with low expectations find it does everything they required of it and are happy.
Most reviews are negative because people want to vent their spleen when things do not go the way they want it to.

GKL

Threads
Some people have difficulty believing that the "magic Pudding" that mummy read to them at bed time was a children's fantasy story.
Some people believe that if they buy the most expensive thing they can afford then it must be prefect without regard to where that item sits in the product heiracy .
Some people believe what sales people tell them.
Some people buy a bottom end product & expect it to run better than the top end product. ( because they know they are all the same )
Some people can not accept that occasionally a dud slips past the QC department
Some people would rather make them self into a "heroic victium" than following tried & trusted consumer advocacy procedures.
Some people buy the wrong product for their requirement then can not accept it was their fault for not researching properly before they opened their wallets.

Others just buy a product with low expectations find it does everything they required of it and are happy.
Most reviews are negative because people want to vent their spleen when things do not go the way they want it to.

Thanks for the reply and insight !

I really do realize there is no such thing as a perfect product, I just hope the YTA22V46 gives a reasonable performance and durability and not something that will need frequent repairs in the early years. I know after a product gets so many years old it is understandable things will occasionally need fixed, but hopefully not so much for at least a few years.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The YTA22V46 doesn't have a lot of reviews yet, but I read several reviews that gave it 4 or 5 stars and they were very happy with the YTA22V46, then I read some reviews that gave it 1 or 2 stars and said it was a piece of junk, what gives ? can it be basically a good product and maybe about 1/3 of them are "lemons" ?

I ordered one and it is scheduled to be delivered Monday, should I be concerned, or are "lemons" fairly rare and people are more likely to post a review when they have problems and those who are happy with their purchase less likely to post a review ?

Unless there knowledgeable in engines, drives, decks etc people end up with or buying mowers based on what the sales people are telling them. If you already have concerns about the mower then you should have never purchased the mower. A lot on how the mower will do, operate or work depends on how and what you use it for.

GKL

Threads
Unless there knowledgeable in engines, drives, decks etc people end up with or buying mowers based on what the sales people are telling them. If you already have concerns about the mower then you should have never purchased the mower. A lot on how the mower will do, operate or work depends on how and what you use it for.

Thanks for the reply.

I was not planning on buying any attachments, but I might rethink that later, but was just using it to mow about 3/4 acre grass (not mulch) and maybe towing a wagon to move small loads once in a while. (mowing area is a combination of fairly level, but there are areas that are slightly hilly)

I guess I might be overly concerned since this is my first riding mower purchase.

A friend of mine who is more familiar with riding mowers said that Husqvarna and "Briggs & Stratton" are good brands.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the reply.

I was not planning on buying any attachments, but I might rethink that later, but was just using it to mow about 3/4 acre grass (not mulch) and maybe towing a wagon to move small loads once in a while. (mowing area is a combination of fairly level, but there are areas that are slightly hilly)

I guess I might be overly concerned since this is my first riding mower purchase.

A friend of mine who is more familiar with riding mowers said that Husqvarna and "Briggs & Stratton" are good brands.

What a good brand is or isn't is a debatable issue. Everyone will have opinions on that subject. There's no doubt that Husqvarna and B&S have been around for years and are major players in the residential market. John Deere and Cub Cadet offer the same stuff, all make a full range of most outdoor power tools. The philosophy that is most generally used is you get what you pay for, I hope you have good luck with the mower.

GKL

Threads
What a good brand is or isn't is a debatable issue. Everyone will have opinions on that subject. There's no doubt that Husqvarna and B&S have been around for years and are major players in the residential market. John Deere and Cub Cadet offer the same stuff, all make a full range of most outdoor power tools. The philosophy that is most generally used is you get what you pay for, I hope you have good luck with the mower.

I understand, and with this being my first riding mower purchase I thought a mid-range price for mowing about 3/4 acre would be reasonable. If I had to mow 2 acres or more then maybe an expensive more powerful model would be needed.

The Husqvarna web site lists the YTA22V46 at a $1,749.95 MSRP, Lowes has about a one week sale at about $1600.

I saw some models of new riding mowers as low as just under $1000 and more expensive models around $2000 to $3000, so I would hope that a model with a $1,749.95 MSRP would not be considered as paying too little for a reasonably dependable model, right ?

GKL

Threads
I see it on Lowes for $1,529.10.. If you paid $1600, get a price guarantee refund ;)

edit: I love this guy who though he could use it commercially :) : https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...f=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00GRAD2CK

Thanks, it would be nice to get about an extra $70 dollars back but was the $1529.10 for the YTA22V46 model ?

If so, perhaps various geographic locations have different sales, the Lowes web site with the location for Columbia, SC has it at - (quote from their web page) - $1,599.00 Was $1,699.00 Save 5% thru 06/29/2016

Fortunately I would be not using it commercially, but only for our own about 3/4 acre so hopefully it should handle that okay.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I understand, and with this being my first riding mower purchase I thought a mid-range price for mowing about 3/4 acre would be reasonable. If I had to mow 2 acres or more then maybe an expensive more powerful model would be needed.

The Husqvarna web site lists the YTA22V46 at a $1,749.95 MSRP, Lowes has about a one week sale at about $1600.

I saw some models of new riding mowers as low as just under $1000 and more expensive models around $2000 to $3000, so I would hope that a model with a $1,749.95 MSRP would not be considered as paying too little for a reasonably dependable model, right ?

If you had to mow 2 acres or more then maybe an expensive more powerful model would be needed? Your Husqvarna has a 22 hp, why would you need more power? I guess I'm a little confused.
attachment.php