Why are there such a wide range of reviews good to bad on the same model ?

Midniteoyl

Threads
  • / Why are there such a wide range of reviews good to bad on the same model ?
Thanks, it would be nice to get about an extra $70 dollars back but was the $1529.10 for the YTA22V46 model ?

If so, perhaps various geographic locations have different sales, the Lowes web site with the location for Columbia, SC has it at - (quote from their web page) - $1,599.00 Was $1,699.00 Save 5% thru 06/29/2016

Fortunately I would be not using it commercially, but only for our own about 3/4 acre so hopefully it should handle that okay.

See if this comes up for you. Fort Wayne area: http://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-N...n-Automatic-46-in-Riding-Lawn-Mower/999990134

GKL

Threads
If you had to mow 2 acres or more then maybe an expensive more powerful model would be needed? Your Husqvarna has a 22 hp, why would you need more power? I guess I'm a little confused.
attachment.php

Please understand that riding mowers are brand new to me, never owned one or even driven one, so please bear with a riding mower novice :)

I have spent many hours pushing push mowers though :)

So I guess by your response I should have a good enough model (YTA22V46) to mow 3/4 acre with no problem, if it could also handle 2 acres or more ?

GKL

Threads

Even when I select the Fort Wayne area it still shows $1599 to me, but thanks anyhow for trying to save me an extra $70, every bit helps !

I knows Lowes also does price matching and gives an extra 10% savings if you find something sold for a lower price at another store but I researched it a lot and no one had a lower price than Lowes for the YTA22V46.

Midniteoyl

Threads
Even when I select the Fort Wayne area it still shows $1599 to me, but thanks anyhow for trying to save me an extra $70, every bit helps !

I knows Lowes also does price matching and gives an extra 10% savings if you find something sold for a lower price at another store but I researched it a lot and no one had a lower price than Lowes for the YTA22V46.

Huh, now it comes up as $1599 with sale through 6/29.. before it was $1510 with sale through 7/15. I wonder if that mean they are planning on lowering the price even farther and someone jumped the gun. Keep on eye on it..

GKL

Threads
Huh, now it comes up as $1599 with sale through 6/29.. before it was $1510 with sale through 7/15. I wonder if that mean they are planning on lowering the price even farther and someone jumped the gun. Keep on eye on it..

Interesting, since we already paid $1599 for it last Wednesday (scheduled to be delivered tomorrow per my request as I needed time to build a shed to store it in) is there a time limit as to if they would refund me the difference if they lowered the price within so many days after I bought it ?

......or am I stuck at $1599 since we already paid for it ?

I remember where some stores will give you the lower price if the price goes down within 30 days from your receipt date, but I can't remember if Lowes has that policy also.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Please understand that riding mowers are brand new to me, never owned one or even driven one, so please bear with a riding mower novice :)

I have spent many hours pushing push mowers though :)

So I guess by your response I should have a good enough model (YTA22V46) to mow 3/4 acre with no problem, if it could also handle 2 acres or more ?

What size engine you have doesn't necessarily dictate how much area it can handle or how fast you can mow it. You can mow what your talking about with a 15 hp engine and do it faster than you'll do it with that 22hp with the right mower. It all comes down to what you're trying to accomplish. Yes the 22hp will cut your 3/4 acre without problem but 2 acres or more all depends on how much time you want to spend mowing. :smile: I mean you have to consider your maximum forward cutting speed for the YTA22V46 is 5.5mph according to the Lowes site spec's anyway and that's not much faster than a push mower if Lowes is right.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Interesting, since we already paid $1599 for it last Wednesday (scheduled to be delivered tomorrow per my request as I needed time to build a shed to store it in) is there a time limit as to if they would refund me the difference if they lowered the price within so many days after I bought it ?

......or am I stuck at $1599 since we already paid for it ?

I remember where some stores will give you the lower price if the price goes down within 30 days from your receipt date, but I can't remember if Lowes has that policy also.

It also $1599 here in Florida.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What size engine you have doesn't necessarily dictate how much area it can handle or how fast you can mow it. You can mow what your talking about with a 15 hp engine and do it faster than you'll do it with that 22hp with the right mower. It all comes down to what you're trying to accomplish. Yes the 22hp will cut your 3/4 acre without problem but 2 acres or more all depends on how much time you want to spend mowing. :smile: I mean you have to consider your maximum forward cutting speed for the YTA22V46 is 5.5mph according to the Lowes site spec's anyway and that's not much faster than a push mower if Lowes is right.

5 mph is a brisk walking / medium jogging pace.
I can do an acre with a 24" 8Hp mower that is 50 years old.

GKL

Threads

Understood, thanks, but with a push power in our yard there are many areas where the grass/weeds grow way up fast and thick after a rain and can quickly get high enough that the push mower will cut out unless you go very slow or just cut half the width of the mower on the uncut part of the grass.

Some of the thicker/higher growth areas of our yard could take an hour just to do about an 40 ft by 40 ft section with the push mower, so hopefully the riding mower will make that a lot quicker and easier.

I don't mind hard work and put off even considering a riding mower in the past because I wanted the exercise from a push mower, but between getting a little older, and the weather having some really hot days, and having other projects I need more time to get to, I finally decided to get a riding mower for the first time.:smile:

PIJoe

Threads
I see it on Lowes for $1,529.10.. If you paid $1600, get a price guarantee refund ;)

edit: I love this guy who though he could use it commercially :) : https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...f=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00GRAD2CK

I've been running my YTH2454 with a crew on my REO jobs, cutting 3-4 lawns per day (avg this year is 26,000 sq. ft.) in summer heat. Running Mobil 1, changing oil every 50 hours, belts, blades and grease always kept up, and haven't had a stutter in 4 years and hundreds of hours. To me, that's pretty much commercial use. Maintenance is key, not necessarily the machine. I can buy a SCAG and refuse to maintain it, and it'll be dead before my rider would be. It's kind of like tagging something "commercial grade" on a brochure- it's a nice phrase that makes some items seem tougher "just because" for the sake of sales. Are some better? Sure. Are all of them better? No way. It's all use, care, and maintenance IMHO.

To the OP- you should have NO issue with your tractor, if maintained per specs- that is a nice machine. :)