Who makes a perfect small engine oil funnel...?

kraky

Threads
Am I the only idiot that can't find an oil funnel that really works good for filling small engines? Seems like something should have a soft plastic or rubber tapered tube that slides inside the filler tube and seals It Off from overflows? It would be even better if the funnel would sit there on its own without having to be held by hand.
Someone show me the miracle funnel!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use a transmission long funnel I purchased from Oreillys.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use a measuring jug with a long spout.
I did try to talk the Stens rep into adding them to their line as most oil companies would foot the bill for dies to get their brand sitting on every ones shelf.
I bought mine form one of those $ 2 shops that sell Chinese temporary diverted land fill.
It was in the kitchen products section.
I have 4 of them, one for each oil i use .

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
By the way the reason everyone has this problem is because of the design of the filler tube. No air can escape to allow oil to flow freely. Until they add a filler port or an air vent like on a car engine it will always take time to fill the oil. I just pull up the trusty old chair and have a seat. 5 minute break time anyone.:biggrin:

kraky

Threads
I think my next dish liquid purchase will be based on the quality of the squeeze bottle and not the detergent.... thinking a quality squeeze bottle will be better than a funnel.

turboawd

Threads
By the way the reason everyone has this problem is because of the design of the filler tube. No air can escape to allow oil to flow freely. Until they add a filler port or an air vent like on a car engine it will always take time to fill the oil. I just pull up the trusty old chair and have a seat. 5 minute break time anyone.:biggrin:

Well air does technicaly escape though the breather. The crankcase is not sealed.