ZD326 won't start

Glockjock

Forum Newbie
Threads
My ZD326 seems to run fine 98% of the time but sometimes, like right now, if I stop it for any reason it will not restart for a long time, First happened last month and I finally gave up for the night. Next morning I tried once more and it started just fine. This has happened two times since.

It is like one of the safety switches is not made, for when I turn the key not even the solenoid engages. Nothing. I recheck all the switch positions, and still nothing. Hours later, or the next morning, it starts just fine.

I've looked at a troubleshooting manual, and it is very general, as in "check safety switches". Anybody have any specific direction to look?

Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know this particular model.
However my first guess would be a bad battery in conjunction with a faulty charging system.
Kubota use a really good wiring system.
If the voltage drops below 10V the fuel shut off solenoid will close and starve the mower.
When the mower sits for a while, the battery recovers enough to crank the engine .

Test would be to check the battery voltage the instant the engine shuts down.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a 326 and ran it about 800 hours. It is more than likely he safety switch on the break pedal. I still have a ZG 222 and I had s ulnar situations with both.

What is happening is the switch is sticking apparently and after it sits a while will free back or come unstuck. My 222 has a problem right now with that switch. Often times you can sit in the seat and turn the key to the start position and press the break pedal and release it slowly several times and find a spot that the switch will make contact and start.

I would bet money it is only a safety switch and and if it is not the one on the pedal it will be the one in the seat.