AC 130 dies when PTO is engaged

champsruss

Threads
My Allis Chalmers riding mower had been mowing uneven and I was having trouble with the level adjustment knobs on the starboard side not staying tight. Found that the lift link had lost it's cotter pin which I replaced and felt good about having fixed the problem. After leveling it by the manual I drove it over to the lawn and engaged the PTO. It died within a few seconds so I did some more research and am now wondering if the belt has stretched because of the force created by the disconnected link, or if the PTO clutch needs adjusting. The AC 130 is an Allis Chalmers all wheel steer unit which Simplicity makes and they sell the same one painted red. I bought it about 6 years ago and am pleased in general. Anyone had a similar problem or have a good guess? Thanks Russ

champsruss

Threads
Once I realized that the symtom was exactly like when the pto is engaged and trying to mow in reverse, I saw that the black switch which is activated by the right foot lever was not disengaging (sticking) and a little wd-40 did the trick. I'll be ordering a new switch today. The switch is similar to the switch on a brake pedal arm in a car that turns on the brake lights. Russ By the way I just bought a new Kubota Z726x and I'm doing a happy dance......