Kohler V twins blowing up with less than 15 hours on em.

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Kohler V twins blowing up with less than 15 hours on em.
I don't know, maybe it was just a few that were bad ?

Manshoon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a time cutter ss5000 with the Kohler Kt730 23 hp motor that had started leaking oil at the Valve cover or the head. It is till under warranty so I took it into a shop close to me (76 miles close) and they did a silicone repair on the valve cover. It only that lasted 20 minutes are far as I can see and is leaking again after I mowed what little bit of lawn I have. It's coming from the left side of the engine leaking onto the Exhaust plate.

I cant tell if it's the head or valve cover, but with only 40 hours on the mower I hope it just the valve cover. Anyone else have these issues ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm thinking you should take it to an authorized Toro Dealer for the warranty repair. This should be FREE.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
clean the area around the leak
Dust it with spray on talcum powder ( yes I am serious )
Check in the morning and the leak should be cleary visible.
If not run the engine for a few minutes.
Take some photos then send a complaint to Kohlers customer service.
Make sure you mention the 150 mile round trip, nicely so you want to make sure the "repair" lasts more than 20 minutes.
Also send a copy to your consummer advocate be nice .
A follow up from the government makes a big difference in how seriously Kohler will take your problem.
Remember the USA has anti- lemon laws and Kohler are legally obliged to replace your engine or refund you if it can not be fixed.