Repairs homelite 25CC weed trimmer

Glyn Robinson

Threads
my trimmer was made on 1996. there is another number SH20250B24BA i think. some of it is hard to read. can i buy the crankcase cover gasket ? i had gas leaking and had to take the plate off to get the gas tank off to replace the fuel lines. also, what size are the gas lines? thank you!

upupandaway

Threads
can i buy the crankcase cover gasket ? i had gas leaking and had to take the plate off to get the gas tank off to replace the fuel lines. also, what size are the gas lines? thank you!

Gasket Q- If yours is the type where the 4 screws back plate of the crankcase extends down with the tab that holds the fuel tank, when I had homelites, when I taok this plate off I tore my gasket, I just used "gasket maker" sealer at walmart\autoshops. Same stuff ive used for gasket of cylinder and crankcase or else any shop should have it as a common part.

for the hose, just ask around ask for the gray fuel line - everywhere I have gone gray is only 1 size. I have tried Tygon (yellow) but for the life of me on Ryobi\homelite\etc it shrinks and leaks in a short time. the gray (standard?!?!) line lasts me a lot longer and Tygon seems to be a hair smaller OD.