Crazy electric weed whackers!

Zeroturn

Threads
Who ever came up with this? I swear I asked for a weed whacker and this is what I got. Of course it does not have a long enough cord to do any good. I took it back and bought a gas weed whacker!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
For small areas that are close to power... they are easy to start. ... :laughing::biggrin: KennyV

RockHound

Threads
I love mine but then I have a very small yard and a very long heavy duty extension cord. I can't pull start things very well anymore (back trouble) so this makes it very easy to do the job without killing myself. If you have the right lawn, electric is great.

Zeroturn

Threads
Well my lawn is too big then! :frown: I hated it! I will take the ones that you have to pull to start. Maybe when I'm older I'll change my mind! For me it's gas no electric.

Greenblades

Threads
I'm surprised that modern day weed whackers don't have a battery pack that can go on a charger. You know, like a little hand held vac or other item. That would solve the problem of the cord.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm surprised that modern day weed whackers don't have a battery pack that can go on a charger

There are several very nice lithium battery, rechargeable 'weed eater' type trimmers available... But don't expect a $150 battery powered one to compare to a $300 gas powered trimmer:biggrin:. KennyV

RockHound

Threads
I'm surprised that modern day weed whackers don't have a battery pack that can go on a charger. You know, like a little hand held vac or other item. That would solve the problem of the cord.

I had one of those. It was very, very heavy. It also didn't last long enough on the charge to do the lawn that I had at the time on one charge. I would have to put it back in the charger overnight to be able to finish the weed eating the next day. It was horrible and I got rid of it ASAP. At the time I could still pull start a weedeater so I got a gas one and it lasted for quite a few years.