Repairs Troy-Bilt 13ap60tp766 " 2006 " 50" deck w/ Kohler 23hp V=Twin

stayinalive

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 13ap60tp766 " 2006 " 50" deck w/ Kohler 23hp V=Twin
Long Time Member/Reader Much Shared Knowledge Referred To Many Times & Successfully Repaired Numerous Pieces Equip.
This My 1st Post, As I'm @ Wits End With This Issue--Went Through Postings & Found Nothing Relating To This ?? I've Owned Since New Garaged When Received The Pulley Set Up Were 2 Sizes 5/8 & 1/2 " After Much Drama With T=B Tech. Sent To Upper Level W/Engineer On Line, Found I Was Correct & Live / Work Farm & A Requirement Have To Do Own Repairs, So Not Unfamiliar With Equip.
Does Some One Have A Way To Tell If The "Vari-Speed" Pully Worn Beyond Its Life Cycle ?? Have ALL OEM Belts Pulleys Etc Corrected When New--Replaced The Upper&Lower Drive Belts As A Set 3x Over The Last 10+ Yrs, None Broke More Of A Preventative Maintenance Measure (keep logs all equip) Got New MTD Lower Drive Belt 90.8" Engine to idler to vari speed, routed correct had brake on as directed etc even checked the brake puck .011
The Problem Is That Now (may have not noticed prior) The Pedal Needs To Be Fully Down Like Bottomed For Movement--Checked V/S Pulley & Moves Freely---Works Incredible In Reverse & When 1st Put Into Fwd Then Pedal Bottoms Out -- Do These V/Pullys Wear On The Inner Surfaces, Age I'm Thinking + Many Hrs On Machine Contributing To This??

Thanks, Stayinalive

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 13ap60tp766 " 2006 " 50" deck w/ Kohler 23hp V=Twin
Normally the varidrive pulley will get wear groove in it which can cause issue at certain speeds, but normally doesn't effect all speeds. Two things that have me wondering is check the engine drive pulley, have seen them wear a groove on top and bottom preventing belt from gripping pulley. also the forward drive pinion gear and slide collar inside the tranny worn and causing slippage, or not engaging at all.