D130 seat switch questionm

Larry37807

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know which wires to jump for the seat switch? Or how to adjust the sensitivity? I have a large hill in front of my house and when mowing up it I will lose rear wheel traction occasionally. If I lean over the wheel that is spinning, the motor cuts off. I had the same seat switch on another mower and it was not as sensitive as the new one.

Larry37807

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is my switch. I would just like to try and make it less sensitive. I know the danger of jumping it out but I would also like to cut on my hill and not have the mower shutdown every time I move my weight over a spinning tire.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stick one of those felt anti scratch pads to see in hardwear & homewear stores on the ned of the plunget which will make it a little longer.
If you have a good hand you can put little self tapper in the end of the plunger to make it a little longer but you run the risk of breaking the plunger,
Or you can go the other way and stick a pad on the spot where the plunger bears against.

As per previous.
The seat switch is the only safety item on a mower that is essential for the safety of you and your family so leave it there.

cdestuck

Threads
I just cut the two wires and put a butt connector on them. You know it's bypassed and just be a bit carefull. Lawyers put it there

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is only 1 safety switch that is really needed to protect others not the idiot owner.
If some one is stupid enough to shove their hands into the deck with the blades running then they deserve what happens.
Ditto to running over live power wires laying on the lawn. Nothing like proving Darwin correct.
However without a seat switch, a mower can run away should the driver fall off and in this condition can run into other people, animals, through fences , onto roads etc etc etc.
Thus injuring other people.
Now this may or may not be possible in your situation but never the less , dissabling it is stupid.
I have a customer who fell off , chased the mower ( cruise control ) then managed to loose 2 toes trying to get back on rather than just switching it off or reaching out & depressing the brake pedal.

I seem to remember suggesting several ways to extend the plunger's reach all of which would have achieved your goals without jepodising the safety of yourself and those in the proximity of your mowing.

icecoldtexan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know which wires to jump for the seat switch? Or how to adjust the sensitivity? I have a large hill in front of my house and when mowing up it I will lose rear wheel traction occasionally. If I lean over the wheel that is spinning, the motor cuts off. I had the same seat switch on another mower and it was not as sensitive as the new one.

I disabled my switch by pressing the plunger down and screwing a small screw beside it to keep it pressed down. This can be reversed at anytime by removing the screw.

image1.jpg

Last edited:

Jack17

Threads
Shifting the center of gravity to regain traction...let me think for a second...no, I definitely not liking it! I can see extending the length of the safety plunger a bit to make it "less" sensitive a possibility. My concern is that in your quest for more traction a "less" sensitive switch is going to allow you to lean out more..and that part I DO NOT like! If this was me I'd a slap a set of chains on them wheels and be done with it.